• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kaliforna open carry on the rocks ?

Judge.410

imported post

Our neighbors to the west are in danger of loosing their right to open carry ? Anyone else here about this or is it old news ?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

Well I've been keeping up on it since I live right next to the California border and visit quite often. The Assembly passed a ban on unloaded open carry, but it was not by a wide margin. It means there is some hope that the senate might not pass it or the governor might veto it. I think we should know whether it is the new rule in California by the end of August.

Judge.410

imported post

Thanks Felid for the update.....I saw a little on the NRA web site but not a lot of detail.

Gundude

imported post

Soilent Green wrote:
Our neighbors to the west are in danger of loosing their right to open carry ? Anyone else here about this or is it old news ?
I'm not really concerned. McDonald v Chicago will be decided this month and this bill won't pass constitutional muster. Just another "feel good" law that will be deleted.

Nevada carrier

imported post

Measuring corruption on a scale of one to ten, one being the most corrupt state, California is second only to Illinois. I have almost zero faith in California's government to do the right thing. One ray of sunshine in all of this is that ever since the people of California recalled their former governer, they have become more and more politicaly aware. It's just a shame that the Califonia's government had to be bankrupted, both morally and financially before the people realized that who they elect directly effects their quality of life.