• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Toys 'R' Us and more...

SaintJacque

imported post

My little sister (she's 14, I'm 26) wanted to stop by Toys 'R' Us in Tacoma because she's really into Sonic the Hedgehog and wanted to pick up some of the figurines before the ebayers hoarded them all. (Yes, it happens and I swear I didn't go for myself - honest :)). My mother and father ended up joining us in the parking lot so I was in a group of four altogether, though I was the only one carrying. I carry a Springfield XD in a black serpa holster on my belt at 3 o'clock.

My mother is convinced that two cashiers saw my weapon while I was walking in from the parking lot and said something to someone else in the store before I entered. I didn't see that, so I don't know. What I do know is that as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by an employee that I believe was a manager. He nearly walked right by us before practically falling over himself staring at my belt. In a very loud and startled voice he asked if he could help us with anything, he had to twist his head around to catch us. We said no and headed over to the isle (my sister knows exactly where she needed to go). We were watched rather conspicuously by employees the entire time. While we were ringing out the same manager that greeted us was standing less than six feet behind me trying to look busy (I worked in retail for 5+ years, I know what "looking busy" looks like) while chatting with another employee. We made our purchase and left with no issues.

Then we decided to have lunch at Sizzler's in Lakewood, love the salad bar. The whole time we were there I was stared down by a middle-eastern gentleman who's eyes were bulging out of his face. No issues though, staff was friendly and no one complained. It was just funny that when these two noticed it was like - whiplash - and bulging eyes. :lol:

All in all a good day. My mother joked that it was good to have everyone's attention on me instead of her (she recently finished chemo and lost her hair and has been very self-conscience ever since - she's ok now, btw, the cancer is gone :D). So, apparently, when I OC I'm doing her a favor.

sirpuma

imported post

I don't get the "Look" much over here, but saw it a few times in the Seattle area. Glad you had an otherwise uneventful OC day. Glad to hear your mother is doing better. The hair will grow back in time, hopefully the cancer won't. Oh and it's self conscious.:lol:

amzbrady

imported post

I've carried in the Lakewood Sizzler too. I also love their salad bar, Too bad they dont serve steaks there, although they do have something that kind of looks like steak and they call it steak. Hard to find a good cut of meat nowadays...

Metal_Monkey

imported post

SaintJacque wrote:
My little sister (she's 14, I'm 26) wanted to stop by Toys 'R' Us in Tacoma because she's really into Sonic the Hedgehog and wanted to pick up some of the figurines before the ebayers hoarded them all. (Yes, it happens and I swear I didn't go for myself - honest :)). My mother and father ended up joining us in the parking lot so I was in a group of four altogether, though I was the only one carrying. I carry a Springfield XD in a black serpa holster on my belt at 3 o'clock.

My mother is convinced that two cashiers saw my weapon while I was walking in from the parking lot and said something to someone else in the store before I entered. I didn't see that, so I don't know. What I do know is that as soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by an employee that I believe was a manager. He nearly walked right by us before practically falling over himself staring at my belt. In a very loud and startled voice he asked if he could help us with anything, he had to twist his head around to catch us. We said no and headed over to the isle (my sister knows exactly where she needed to go). We were watched rather conspicuously by employees the entire time. While we were ringing out the same manager that greeted us was standing less than six feet behind me trying to look busy (I worked in retail for 5+ years, I know what "looking busy" looks like) while chatting with another employee. We made our purchase and left with no issues.

Then we decided to have lunch at Sizzler's in Lakewood, love the salad bar. The whole time we were there I was stared down by a middle-eastern gentleman who's eyes were bulging out of his face. No issues though, staff was friendly and no one complained. It was just funny that when these two noticed it was like - whiplash - and bulging eyes. :lol:

All in all a good day. My mother joked that it was good to have everyone's attention on me instead of her (she recently finished chemo and lost her hair and has been very self-conscience ever since - she's ok now, btw, the cancer is gone :D). So, apparently, when I OC I'm doing her a favor.
Sorry I call BS on this one....you where in fact the one getting Sonic dolls....sorry action figures!:celebrate
I'm just messing,Sonic kicks ass and I would buy it myself. Hell I bought Transformers stuff ;D

killchain

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
killchain wrote:
Sonic fan kids are, for lack of a better word, fanatical. :p

Tails is still better...
Sorry. I've got a better mascot for you. :p

mario300_narrowweb__300x392,0.jpg

SaintJacque

imported post

killchain wrote:
Metal_Monkey wrote:
killchain wrote:
Sonic fan kids are, for lack of a better word, fanatical. :p

Tails is still better...
Sorry. I've got a better mascot for you. :p

mario300_narrowweb__300x392,0.jpg
It's funny you should post that, Mario is the only game character my sister likes more than Sonic. :D I grew up with Mario and Sonic on the Nintendo and the Genesis and I think it's really cool she's into the same characters 15 years later. :dude:

SaintJacque

imported post

Metal_Monkey wrote:
SaintJacque wrote:

Sorry I call BS on this one....you where in fact the one getting Sonic dolls....sorry action figures!:celebrate
I'm just messing,Sonic kicks ass and I would buy it myself. Hell I bought Transformers stuff ;D
You have no idea how much I wanted to buy some of those nerf guns... WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THESE THINGS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER? They have freakin' nerf machine guns! You practically need an FFL to get one. :lol:

antispam540

imported post

SaintJacque wrote:
You have no idea how much I wanted to buy some of those nerf guns... WHY DIDN'T THEY HAVE THESE THINGS WHEN I WAS YOUNGER? They have freakin' nerf machine guns! You practically need an FFL to get one. :lol:
I have one - the Vulcan EBF-25. With some slight modifications, it's pretty awesome. I've stripped it down and I'm repainting it in a futuristic/weathered color scheme.