Thread: Saurez International - Anyone taken a Course...?

Post imported post

Not directly OC-related but related to carry, education and training....

Anyone taken Courses at Suarez International?

There is a Winchester, VA course that I am considering.

Thanks

Post imported post

I've known Gabe Suarez for years and highly recommend his training. It is real world no BSstuff that works with emphasis on practicality and simplicity. I've personally taken about a dozen classes from him over the years. Some people have issues with Gabe for other reasons, but I promise that it has nothing to do with training. Training is top notch.

A few years back Gabe decided to spend more time with his family and travel less. He recruited a number of instructors to teach for him. Jim Rumbaugh teaches most of the Winchester classes. While I don't know Jim personally, I do know that if Gabe puts his name on a class, it will be good. I will be down in Florence SC in September for the Zero to Five Feet Gunfighting. That class will be taught by Gabe personally and will also be very good.

Post imported post

Not yet. But I have heard great things and am signed up for courses in Winchester in jul, aug and September Let me know if you go.

Post imported post

I took the Active Shooter Terrorist Interdiction course last April which Gabe and Jim taught. Good course. Two day course, about 25 in the class. We did some good stuff. Variety of gun exercises, force on force, knife work and unarmed. One of the more interesting points was he showed us we could get handgun hits out to 100 yards. I would take another course from him.

Post imported post

Gabes a good man and he gets it, his classes are all go and If I had the money Id take every class he has!People get upset with Gabe because he teaches reality based gunfighting and doesnt teach the normal gunmag commando crap.Gabe has tons of videos on his site so you can actually buy one in whatever your interested in and see if its what you want 1st!
    ~The path to enlightenment is often filled with the bodies of the ignorant~

Post imported post

One of my students pointed me over here so I thought I would pop in and see if I could answer any questions anyone might have.

SI has been in VA for the last 6 years and this is coming up on 4 from the Winchester location.

Gabe tries to come out at least every other year and I bring in guys like Roger Phillips and Dan Agakian to add to the types of material we can offer you. New this year is our association with Mike Janich. He'll be out in late fall.

Jack Rumbaugh

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I've taken multiple Saurez classas in VA taught by Jack and another instructor. The classes are very good.

Post imported post

If the class is taught by Suarez, it's worth it.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?