Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show this next time your stopped by LEO

Post imported post

Post imported post

couldnd that be conceived as impersonating a officer even though it would be a stretch of the law

Post imported post

I'm sure that will go over real smoothly with the Police.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Were I the cop, I'd just point to my badge and raise you two consent searches, a dog-sniff, a field sobriety test, and an add-on chargeto whatever I stopped you for.

"Care to call or wanna raise me?"
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

elvenhome21 wrote:
    couldnd that be conceived as impersonating a officer even though it would be a stretch of the law
    No. But, the way some cops behave, they should be charged with impersonating an officer.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Seems a bit risky to show a badge like that. A sense of humor is sometimes in short supply when LEO is around.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

And there aren't any threads debating the value of badges worn by non-officers here on OCDO - it's a brand new idea!

McX

Post imported post

damn shame, but it may to come to pass; it seems like the ocers are the ones tht tow the line, obey the laws, have a social conscience, maybe we do need some form of id to show we are indeed the good guys.

Banned

Post imported post

Do you mean a white hat?

Think about stereotypical Good Guy images, do they feature body modifications, motorcycles, black hats, turbans, hookahs, scimitars? Which better fits the stereotypical image of a Good Guy, Ronald Reagan or Barack Hussein Obama?

McX

Post imported post

to me the good guy is the guy with the gun openly carried on his hip, the rest of the image is open for debate.

Banned

Post imported post

Black Bart?

McX

Post imported post

i don't realy know who black bart is. obama the good guy?! history will tell on that one. but your making me nervous doug, your avatar does show a black hat!

Banned

Post imported post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bolles

The hat in my image - that is me and not some God Damned 'avatar'- is my every day brown fedora. I only wear my black fedora to church and 'occasions' in the winter. In the summer, I wear a white straw fedora-styled hat for occasions and one of a number of softer straw hats for daily wear. I'll wear the black hat to funerals when I dress in my "Don Huffman" outfit of double-breasted three-piece micro-wool suit.

As to OBONGO, don't keep such a tolerant open mind that good sense is lost. The history on OBONGO was written last week and should be obvious to all.

McX

Post imported post

i'm sorry doug, i didn't mean to incite you. the history of black bart was good reading though. i'm glad to see you got alot of hats, i'll have to see what i can do to outfit you in the much sought after, and very stylish mechanix hat. then you will be truly one with the universe. and yes the prez. is writing quite a history on a daily basis now.

Post imported post

Isn't Black Bart related to Black Jacques Shellac?

Post imported post

The last time a group of ocers got together at the picnic in West Salem and wore alike t-shirts we were called paramilitary wackos and a bunch of roadies. I don't think the public can handle all of our coolness.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    Do you mean a white hat?*

Think about stereotypical Good Guy images, do they feature body modifications, motorcycles, black hats, turbans, hookahs, scimitars?* Which better fits the stereotypical image of a Good Guy, Ronald Reagan or Barack Hussein Obama?
    Doug,

Why do you always bring up "body modifications"? You seem to think that anybody with a "body modification" or some different internet name is a monster. You say this without even knowing the person. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

Post imported post

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll continue to say 'til the day I'm dead.....

BADGES ARE STUPID!!!!! Unless you are LE, or security of some kind, leave 'em alone.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Banned

Post imported post

junkie wrote:
    You say this without even knowing the person. You are starting to sound like a broken record.
    On principle. Broken record does sound like uncompromising and principled, doesn't it?.

It is likely that I will never 'know' a person with indiscreet tattoos or body modifications, or dreadlocks or head lice or body odor. I am sure that I will never know anyone introduced to me with some different and monstrous internet-name, not for "monster" but for bathetic[sic] ignorance. It is quite likely that I will never meet any one very different from me. I will be as civil about it as possible, but notice that this forum response is not addressed to anyone personally, for instance.

Think about the idea of injected self-esteem, contrasted with esteem acquired the old fashioned way - by earning it.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bathos

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Guh44IBBQ

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwprS_L6tg

Take your pick.

Flashing a mail order badge is for rubes and wannabes. Not a good idea.

Any imagined benefit is far outweighed by the potential for trouble.

LEO's will be the least impressed by it, and most people over the age of 12 will be equally unimpressed.

The only things that meaningfully suggest to someone that you are a law-abiding citizen are your behavior and a clean record.

A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Not a good idea

Banned

Post imported post

How about this badge?

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    How about this badge?
    If you show a badge that has the word "police" on it you better be "the police." And I don't mean Sting and his friends.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
    How about this badge?
    Looks like a good way to get three squares paid for by the tax payers.
    Ella Wheeler Cox

McX

Post imported post

it's 80 pollution creeping in; back then gun=bad, so they stuck with it. now it's today. you'd think after all the electrons expended here, and the efforts of everybody envolved, it would dawn on the cops; this is my closest ally, and you would pass with no more notice than the breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast