• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Show this next time your stopped by LEO

elvenhome21

imported post

couldnd that be conceived as impersonating a officer even though it would be a stretch of the law

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Were I the cop, I'd just point to my badge and raise you two consent searches, a dog-sniff, a field sobriety test, and an add-on chargeto whatever I stopped you for.

"Care to call or wanna raise me?"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

elvenhome21 wrote:
couldnd that be conceived as impersonating a officer even though it would be a stretch of the law
No. But, the way some cops behave, they should be charged with impersonating an officer.

M

McX

imported post

damn shame, but it may to come to pass; it seems like the ocers are the ones tht tow the line, obey the laws, have a social conscience, maybe we do need some form of id to show we are indeed the good guys.

M

McX

imported post

to me the good guy is the guy with the gun openly carried on his hip, the rest of the image is open for debate.

M

McX

imported post

i don't realy know who black bart is. obama the good guy?! history will tell on that one. but your making me nervous doug, your avatar does show a black hat!;)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bolles

The hat in my image - that is me and not some God Damned 'avatar'- is my every day brown fedora. I only wear my black fedora to church and 'occasions' in the winter. In the summer, I wear a white straw fedora-styled hat for occasions and one of a number of softer straw hats for daily wear. I'll wear the black hat to funerals when I dress in my "Don Huffman" outfit of double-breasted three-piece micro-wool suit.

As to OBONGO, don't keep such a tolerant open mind that good sense is lost. The history on OBONGO was written last week and should be obvious to all.

M

McX

imported post

i'm sorry doug, i didn't mean to incite you. the history of black bart was good reading though. i'm glad to see you got alot of hats, i'll have to see what i can do to outfit you in the much sought after, and very stylish mechanix hat. then you will be truly one with the universe. and yes the prez. is writing quite a history on a daily basis now.

Archangel

imported post

Isn't Black Bart related to Black Jacques Shellac?

blacque024.jpg

johnny amish

imported post

The last time a group of ocers got together at the picnic in West Salem and wore alike t-shirts we were called paramilitary wackos and a bunch of roadies. I don't think the public can handle all of our coolness.

junkie

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Do you mean a white hat? 

Think about stereotypical Good Guy images, do they feature body modifications, motorcycles, black hats, turbans, hookahs, scimitars?  Which better fits the stereotypical image of a Good Guy, Ronald Reagan or Barack Hussein Obama?

Doug,

Why do you always bring up "body modifications"? You seem to think that anybody with a "body modification" or some different internet name is a monster. You say this without even knowing the person. You are starting to sound like a broken record.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and I'll continue to say 'til the day I'm dead.....

BADGES ARE STUPID!!!!! Unless you are LE, or security of some kind, leave 'em alone.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

junkie wrote:
You say this without even knowing the person. You are starting to sound like a broken record.
On principle. Broken record does sound like uncompromising and principled, doesn't it?.

It is likely that I will never 'know' a person with indiscreet tattoos or body modifications, or dreadlocks or head lice or body odor. I am sure that I will never know anyone introduced to me with some different and monstrous internet-name, not for "monster" but for bathetic[sic] ignorance. It is quite likely that I will never meet any one very different from me. I will be as civil about it as possible, but notice that this forum response is not addressed to anyone personally, for instance.

Think about the idea of injected self-esteem, contrasted with esteem acquired the old fashioned way - by earning it.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bathos

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Guh44IBBQ

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwprS_L6tg

Take your pick.

Flashing a mail order badge is for rubes and wannabes. Not a good idea.

Any imagined benefit is far outweighed by the potential for trouble.

LEO's will be the least impressed by it, and most people over the age of 12 will be equally unimpressed.

The only things that meaningfully suggest to someone that you are a law-abiding citizen are your behavior and a clean record.