• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Arms Company in Manassas

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

http://tinyurl.com/2g53jbx

Employees of a gun shop surprised a man who tried to break into the store.
The employees of Virginia Arms Company in Manassas stayed overnight at the business Sunday after someone tried to break into the store the previous night.
Around 10 p.m., they heard someone trying to pry open the back door.
They confronted the suspect, who ran to his car but he couldn't unlock the car door so he ran into the woods. Police arrested the suspect a short time later after he returned to retrieve his car. Tim Hickerson, 28, of Nokesville, Va., was charged with attempted burglary. Prince William County detectives said they were able to link Hickerson to several other burglaries in the county.Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Burglar-gets-surprise-from-gun-store-workers-95346954.html#ixzz0pqX8d7Rl

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/2g53jbx

Employees of a gun shop surprised a man who tried to break into the store.
The employees of Virginia Arms Company in Manassas stayed overnight at the business Sunday after someone tried to break into the store the previous night.
Around 10 p.m., they heard someone trying to pry open the back door.
They confronted the suspect, who ran to his car but he couldn't unlock the car door so he ran into the woods. Police arrested the suspect a short time later after he returned to retrieve his car. Tim Hickerson, 28, of Nokesville, Va., was charged with attempted burglary. Prince William County detectives said they were able to link Hickerson to several other burglaries in the county.Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/local/Burglar-gets-surprise-from-gun-store-workers-95346954.html#ixzz0pqX8d7Rl
Related the the G&A break-in?

TFred

imported post

Boy it takes a real moron to try to break into a gun store... and then come back for his car! The police are doing this guy a favor taking him off the street.

TFred

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

TFred wrote:
Name the movie:

This could very well be the stupidest person on the face of the earth.
:D

TFred
Ruthless People. The detective talking about the second gunman who thought the clown had shot at him, disbelieving it was the police. Hilarious scene in a hilarious movie!

TFred

imported post

Citizen wrote:
TFred wrote:
Name the movie:

This could very well be the stupidest person on the face of the earth.
:D

TFred
Ruthless People. The detective talking about the second gunman who thought the clown had shot at him, disbelieving it was the police. Hilarious scene in a hilarious movie!
You win... well, nothing of any value... :D ETA: Maybe an all-expenses paid vacation "to Haiti!!!"

I think this guy is seriously in the running for the title.

TFred

jadedone4

imported post

....here's to hoping that VAC had security cameras - and place the continous loop of this idiots "spoils" on a monitor in the VAC store - right behind the cash register; with streaming note "ADC" (America's Dumbest Criminal - VAC should send in atape, too).

Bernie/Robb and Company are GREAT folks - with the exception of two (2) 12-gauge shotties, every firearm that I own came from VAC; and they are the ONLY folks that I will allow to touch my weapons for any repair/gunsmithing.

Guy shoulda had a V-8 while he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.....

VApatriot

imported post

I'm glad to hear they got this idiot and no one was hurt. Bernie and all the other guys at VA Arms are extremely professional, and I would hate to see their shop get hit again like it did a few year ago.

When did G&A get broken into? Were any firearms stolen?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

B&E at a gun shop... Almost as dumb as killing a former presidential candidates daughter in a hotel room that has a video security camera right over the door and hoping nobody will figure out it was you.

A very shallow gene pool indeed.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Kudos to the employees for handling the situation very well and not sitting at home with their fingers crossed hoping no one would try to break in.

gotm4

Campaign Veteran
Update: The jackass only got 4yrs Federal for stealing sound suppressors and pistols from G&A Warehouse.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
Take Care,
Robb

AbNo

Wait... the Manassas cops actually did something that DIDN'T P-O anyone? Amazing!

(I know a lot of people in the Manassas/Haymarket area...)

Also, what a dumbass! :lol: