Thread: Serpa Holster

Post imported post

So let me start of with this. I'm not looking to start a war on whether or not Serpa is a good holster. We've seen enough of those. I however would like to purchase one. Like a lot of people, I am currently low on cash. So what is the best deal you've found for a Serpa and where (preferably online retailers, can't drive cross country for a holster lol)? Thanks for the help guys.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

Post imported post

I bought a Serpa Level II retention for $36.48 delivered for my Ruger P95 off of ebay. It has served me well for the time I have used it.

Perhaps if you would use a real computer you wouldn't have to apologize for not being able to do so many things on the internet!

Post imported post

Those who are price-sensitive might want to consider an RSR Defense holster. These are the same holsters that Sig sells under their own branding. They are kydex, have a retention mechanism very similar to a Serpa, and are much cheaper, e.g. CDNN offers them for about $17 with a paddle, a belt adapter is available for $9 more.

To tell the truth, I prefer the Serpa, but I have one Serpa and four of these. Go ahead and say it, I already know I'm cheap.

Post imported post

Looks like Amazon has some really good prices on them. You didn't say what model gun it's for, but I'd check there first.

Post imported post

I got mine for $46 online... followed up with a $49 thigh-rig to mount it to when in backcountry

Post imported post

I got my Blackhawk Serpa (1911) about 4 weeks ago off E-bay for $32 delivered.
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Post imported post

Cheap is a relative word.

You can spend $35 and get a piece of crap, or you can drop $110 on something that will line the bottom of your holster drawer.

I would say that the Serpa is a good value. Really good for the price ($35-$45). You have to remember with the Serpa you're really getting two holsters in one because you get all the hardware to set it up for either paddle or belt loop. For the price conscious this is a HUGE benefit- even though you may not think so immediately, over time you will may come to see that you prefer one over the other depending on the level of activity and/or attire.

Even though it isn't my first choice for OC my Serpa still has it's place- and it's not in the bottom of the holster drawer.

Post imported post

I have two Serpa CQC's. One on a paddle mount for everyday OC and one on a "drop loop" for winter wear when I have a jacket on.

I think the Serpa is a GREAT value. Look on EBAY--they are up there all the time, and you can usually get them for a substantial discount...

I have three other holsters--all VERY good holsters, but the Serpa paddle gets the most use. It's rugged looks good, and is easy on-easy-off but VERY secure. And it's comfortable for wearing when I drive long distances too (I have a CHP, so I wear it on my hip in the car) because you can move it around.

The only drawbacks to the Serpa are 1) there is a short learning curve to the retention system, 2) they sit out too far to conceal well (if you have a permit), and 3) they don't make them for soem of the "oddball" guns...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I have a serpa CQC holster that I OC with and I love it. The retention screw really allows me to control how much grab my holster's gonna have

Post imported post

Got mine for $40 at the Marine Corps Exchange. Best deal I've seen for one, plus no sales tax, so if you are allowed to shop there, it would probably be the best.

I must say though, I don't know of any Marine basees in Arizona. There's Mirimar and Camp Pendleton in San Diego, though...

Post imported post

I used to use a Blackhawk! Serpa when I carried my 1911. I would love to get another one, but they don't have one for my new style Taurus PT92 With the stupid rail.

For the money, you can't go wrong with them.

Post imported post

Cheaper Than Dirt sells Serpas for $40-$24:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/Searc...10&q=serpa

Post imported post

syntax_error wrote:
    Got mine for $40 at the Marine Corps Exchange. Best deal I've seen for one, plus no sales tax, so if you are allowed to shop there, it would probably be the best.

I must say though, I don't know of any Marine basees in Arizona. There's Mirimar and Camp Pendleton in San Diego, though...
    Bass Pro Shops generally sucks in my opinion, but they sell Sportsters for 30 dollars, which is pretty much the cheapest Serpa priceyou'll find. And you can get a belt clip for 15 bucks more, although not from Bass Pro.

That said, architect is right, CDNN does have the best deal on those RSR holsters. Not that I've tested them like I have with Serpas, so I'm not saying I trust them, but they are affordable, and if Sig and the Israeli'swill stand behind the system it does say quite a lot.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rsrdehose.html
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Snakemathis wrote:
    So let me start of with this. I'm not looking to start a war on whether or not Serpa is a good holster. We've seen enough of those. I however would like to purchase one. Like a lot of people, I am currently low on cash. So what is the best deal you've found for a Serpa and where (preferably online retailers, can't drive cross country for a holster lol)? Thanks for the help guys.

Howdy

I buy alot of stuff from "Cheaper Than Dirt" http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...spx?catid=1342

Good people and good stuff!

Others are:

"Andean" (again good people, good stuff) http://andean-inc.com/Merchant5/merc...ckhawk_holster

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blackhaw...-holsters.html

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c....aspx?a=213910

OK now I own a few Serpa holsters but I don't care for them for everyday conceled carry, to me they print to much because they stick out to far, great holster for at the range or for LEO carry but not good for concelment (in my way of thinking).

Hope that helps.
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

Post imported post

DavidC77 wrote:
    I buy alot of stuff from "Cheaper Than Dirt" http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...spx?catid=1342
    They lost a lot of loyal customers, myself included, when they gouged people on ammo prices during the heat of the Obama fear. I don't remember exact numbers, but they were selling Wolf x39 for over 20 dollars per box.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    DavidC77 wrote:
    They lost a lot of loyal customers, myself included, when they gouged people on ammo prices during the heat of the Obama fear. I don't remember exact numbers, but they were selling Wolf x39 for over 20 dollars per box.
    Well I'm not holding that against them, alot of places jacked there ammo price up, not just them. There were other places that wouldn't sell to Joe Q public either.

Plus they ship things to me were other companys are not shipping to MA because of the MA AG. They have never given me any trouble when I had to send a few things back to them either.

So for now I will stay with them.
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

I've been very happy with mine. I've got Serpas for 3 different Glocks with quick disconnects. I use the belt loop in the summer and the lower duty mount for colder weather.
    "I have a long held belief that a man cannot have too many books, too many wines, or to much ammunition"

~Jeff Cooper~

bought mine 2 weeks ago for a RUGER P-95 from nightgalaxy.com for $34. Free shipping and received it within a week.