• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Serpa Holster

Snakemathis

imported post

So let me start of with this. I'm not looking to start a war on whether or not Serpa is a good holster. We've seen enough of those. I however would like to purchase one. Like a lot of people, I am currently low on cash. So what is the best deal you've found for a Serpa and where (preferably online retailers, can't drive cross country for a holster lol)? Thanks for the help guys.

architect

imported post

Those who are price-sensitive might want to consider an RSR Defense holster. These are the same holsters that Sig sells under their own branding. They are kydex, have a retention mechanism very similar to a Serpa, and are much cheaper, e.g. CDNN offers them for about $17 with a paddle, a belt adapter is available for $9 more.

To tell the truth, I prefer the Serpa, but I have one Serpa and four of these. Go ahead and say it, I already know I'm cheap.

Dahwg

imported post

Cheap is a relative word.

You can spend $35 and get a piece of crap, or you can drop $110 on something that will line the bottom of your holster drawer.

I would say that the Serpa is a good value. Really good for the price ($35-$45). ;) You have to remember with the Serpa you're really getting two holsters in one because you get all the hardware to set it up for either paddle or belt loop. For the price conscious this is a HUGE benefit- even though you may not think so immediately, over time you will may come to see that you prefer one over the other depending on the level of activity and/or attire.

Even though it isn't my first choice for OC my Serpa still has it's place- and it's not in the bottom of the holster drawer.

Dreamer

imported post

I have two Serpa CQC's. One on a paddle mount for everyday OC and one on a "drop loop" for winter wear when I have a jacket on.

I think the Serpa is a GREAT value. Look on EBAY--they are up there all the time, and you can usually get them for a substantial discount...

I have three other holsters--all VERY good holsters, but the Serpa paddle gets the most use. It's rugged looks good, and is easy on-easy-off but VERY secure. And it's comfortable for wearing when I drive long distances too (I have a CHP, so I wear it on my hip in the car) because you can move it around.

The only drawbacks to the Serpa are 1) there is a short learning curve to the retention system, 2) they sit out too far to conceal well (if you have a permit), and 3) they don't make them for soem of the "oddball" guns...

souders

imported post

I have a serpa CQC holster that I OC with and I love it. The retention screw really allows me to control how much grab my holster's gonna have

syntax_error

imported post

Got mine for $40 at the Marine Corps Exchange. Best deal I've seen for one, plus no sales tax, so if you are allowed to shop there, it would probably be the best.

I must say though, I don't know of any Marine basees in Arizona. There's Mirimar and Camp Pendleton in San Diego, though...

Repoman

imported post

I used to use a Blackhawk! Serpa when I carried my 1911. I would love to get another one, but they don't have one for my new style Taurus PT92 With the stupid rail.

For the money, you can't go wrong with them.

Michigander

imported post

syntax_error wrote:
Got mine for $40 at the Marine Corps Exchange. Best deal I've seen for one, plus no sales tax, so if you are allowed to shop there, it would probably be the best.

I must say though, I don't know of any Marine basees in Arizona. There's Mirimar and Camp Pendleton in San Diego, though...

Bass Pro Shops generally sucks in my opinion, but they sell Sportsters for 30 dollars, which is pretty much the cheapest Serpa priceyou'll find. And you can get a belt clip for 15 bucks more, although not from Bass Pro.

That said, architect is right, CDNN does have the best deal on those RSR holsters. Not that I've tested them like I have with Serpas, so I'm not saying I trust them, but they are affordable, and if Sig and the Israeli'swill stand behind the system it does say quite a lot.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/rsrdehose.html

DavidC77

imported post

Snakemathis wrote:
So let me start of with this. I'm not looking to start a war on whether or not Serpa is a good holster. We've seen enough of those. I however would like to purchase one. Like a lot of people, I am currently low on cash. So what is the best deal you've found for a Serpa and where (preferably online retailers, can't drive cross country for a holster lol)? Thanks for the help guys.

Howdy

I buy alot of stuff from "Cheaper Than Dirt" http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemListing.aspx?catid=1342

Good people and good stuff!

Others are:

"Andean" (again good people, good stuff) http://andean-inc.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TAOS&Category_Code=blackhawk_holster

http://www.lapolicegear.com/blackhawk-cqc-tactical-holsters.html

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/blackhawk-carbon-fiber-serpa-holster.aspx?a=213910

OK now I own a few Serpa holsters but I don't care for them for everyday conceled carry, to me they print to much because they stick out to far, great holster for at the range or for LEO carry but not good for concelment (in my way of thinking).

Hope that helps.

DavidC77

DavidC77 wrote:
They lost a lot of loyal customers, myself included, when they gouged people on ammo prices during the heat of the Obama fear. I don't remember exact numbers, but they were selling Wolf x39 for over 20 dollars per box.

Well I'm not holding that against them, alot of places jacked there ammo price up, not just them. There were other places that wouldn't sell to Joe Q public either.

Plus they ship things to me were other companys are not shipping to MA because of the MA AG. They have never given me any trouble when I had to send a few things back to them either.

So for now I will stay with them.

Flash Gordon

I've been very happy with mine. I've got Serpas for 3 different Glocks with quick disconnects. I use the belt loop in the summer and the lower duty mount for colder weather.