Thread: Thinking of a possible picnic in August need Feedback

Post imported post

I was thinking of doing a picnic at Hawthorne Park in Pontiac on Telegraph road They have a lake and play ground area for kids a real nice park. Im just thinking of it and trying to get a feel of what people would think like in August sometime I think some other people are trying to do some in Oakland county so i thought it wouldnt hurt to put one on thanks every one.

Post imported post

Your Welcome
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Banned

Post imported post

Nice place. Ive seen people fish off the docks there too.

Post imported post

I know i ve taken my kids there alot thought it would be nice and maybe MOC can do a membership drive theres some people in the area who may want to join

Banned

Post imported post

Possibly, theres always people there.

Post imported post

I’m attending an OC picnic at Belle Island on 22 August, so if you choose that date I wont be able to make it.
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth." - President George Washington

"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." - Thomas Paine

Post imported post

Ok i was thinking about the 8th or the 15th of August. Thanks for the feedback

Post imported post

I'm next door to Pontiac. If I have nothing urgent pop-up, I can be there.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Banned

Post imported post

army74 wrote:
    Ok i was thinking about the 8th or the 15th of August. Thanks for the feedback
    Just a suggestion, maybe plan the second date as an alternate in case the first one rains out.

Post imported post

I could potentially make either date... will keep an eye on the thread for any concrete plans...

Post imported post

you guys up north have it made, seems every picnic location is at least 1+ hours north of me, i'm jealous:P
    If guns cause crime, all mine are defective- Ted Nugent

Banned

Post imported post

ill attend either date

Post imported post

I've gotta work every other weekend, and not sure which weekend I have off yet.

If I've got the day off, you best believe I'll be there, and hopefully I'll bring a few more of my friends for support. The more I OC, the more comfortable they become with OC.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.