• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

hello folks new guy with a question

kryptonian

imported post

as long as we are admitting past stupid stuff i left a get together at my brother's house in farmington hills. yes i had been drinking. going thru a GREEN traffic light a car making the right turn in front of me cut me off - had to swerve into oncoming lane to avoid the hit but cars headed my way so had to cut back into my lane. fat bitch sped up to block me and i clipped her buick with my pickup. pulled over to exchange info and didn't know she called police. needless to say when officer arrived i had my sister's bersa .380. had CPL but also had .11 BAC. got charged for both. by the time i got to station BAC was .07 but still charged and convicted.

thru the legal process the gun violation got dropped. had to go thru the hellish aftermath. when i asked for gun back i was told they are keeping it until all my court dates are done. when that time came i went there and said they are not giving it back until they feel like it. that was patrol lieutenant. patrol sarge told me he was going to call lansing and get my CPL removed. it was expiring in a couple months at that time. called city attorney and told him about the sarge calling lansing as a violation of the plea arrangement. sarge emailed the next day saying he will take no action. i went one more time to get it back and same lieutenant said i'm probably never getting it back.
i emailed the chief, MSP and Mike Cox's office all in the same day. was pissed. said i looked thru michigan weapon laws and they are in violation and someone needs to be criminally charged. don't know who called first but emailed the next day that gun was released. when i picked it up it was in a box with those plastic zip ties locking it down in the box like a kid's toy. across the gun was yellow evidence tape and the magazine as well. ammo was gone too. was big fat pain in the ass to get it all off. waited 3 years and reapplied for CPL and got it back.

CharleyMarbles

imported post

Yeah Krypto thats kinda what I was talking about we ALL make bad diesisions from time to time :(

I gotta say I have never even drove Drunk but everyone has his demmons :) I just have allways driven very large trucks and the thought of my almost 6000 pound truck hitting a compact and killing all inside scared the living... well you know LOL

I am guilty of calling my brother at 2:30 in the morrning and stammering " Mark? I'm drunk can you come get me?" He ALLWAYS did :) :) :)