• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HELP! My ability to quote properly is messed up

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BB62 wrote:
BB62 wrote:
BB62 wrote: So how do you fix a script execution problem if it's not Virtumonde?btw, I originally quoted you while using Safari, and it appeared properly. Now to test IE... 

IE is.... STILLED SCREWED UP!p.s. - no MS Juan in my registry.
Firefox WORKS!!

Any thoughts as to why the difference?

(iow, why does IE fail to quote properly, yet Firefox and Safari work fine?)

Interestingly, like Firefox, Safari also inserts a " mark after the quoted text (though still in the quote box). Hmmm...

Differently however, whereas IE shows the quote box in the reply box, here in Safari the reply box shows the quoted text surrounded by "/quote" (w/o the "" marks) - so, textually, not graphically.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BB62 wrote:
So how do you fix a script execution problem if it's not Virtumonde?

btw, I originally quoted you while using Safari, and it appeared properly. Now to test IE...

Opera also does not show the original quote box graphically, but unfortunately, it also inserts a " mark after the quoted text, and in the text box.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Congratulations.  How'd you get rid of Virtumonde?

This reply typed in Opera.

I updated Spybot, then ran the system check.

Don't congratulate me fully yet, though.

My preferred browser is IE, and I *still* cannot quote properly in it.

If I use any other browser, note that the quote box is not displayed when I reply, and the " mark is added to the text I quote.

Do you have any idea as to why the " mark shows up in all the other browers? Any further suggestions as to why IE still fails to make things appear properly when submitted?

Thanks very much for your input.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BB62 wrote: Doug Huffman wrote:Congratulations. How'd you get rid of Virtumonde?This reply typed in Opera.I updated Spybot, then ran the system check.Don't congratulate me fully yet, though...My preferred browser is IE, and I *still* cannot quote properly in it...

Trying IE one more time...

NOPE !