• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asheville OC Meet

sultan62

Tentatively, how does Sunday August 22nd at 6:30 pm sound to everyone? I'll pm Dreamer to get his input.

WNCTarheel

Then there is the question of where? Of course, no alcohol can be served. There's a nice hotdog place off of Leicester Hwy. Any other suggestions?

sultan62

I know no alcohol is possible, but to be perfectly honest, I'd prefer something a little bit better than hotdogs since I'll be driving from about 45 minutes away.

I'll look online and make some calls, anyone with more local experience feel free to chime in.

Also, I think I'm +2 now, got a couple of people to agree to come.:D

sultan62

Ok, did a fair amount of checking around, online and phone calls. The only option I found outside of fast food was the Moose Cafe, which looks pretty good. They are open until 8:00 Sunday and do not serve alcohol. The person I talked to on the phone said there was no policy against legally carried firearms to her knowledge.

Also, they have a 10% off coupon online at http://eatatthemoosecafe.com/page/1qlar/Special_Events_and_Pics/Printable_Coupon.html

Their menu with prices can be found at http://eatatthemoosecafe.com/page/1is05/Menus/Dinner.html. Make sure you go down to the Asheville menu, the top image is the Colfax menu.

It looks like a pretty good place for decent money. Any thoughts?

If everyone planning to attend could please post here and/or pm me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would like to know how many people will be coming so I can call in advance to ensure a table. If anyone will be coming with you, please give me that information as well. Right now, the plan is for 6:30 Sunday. This is not concrete, but it is what we are currently planning.

Last edited:

WNCTarheel

I've heard that's a good place. And close to I-40 or I-26.

Ok, did a fair amount of checking around, online and phone calls. The only option I found outside of fast food was the Moose Cafe, which looks pretty good. They are open until 8:00 Sunday and do not serve alcohol. The person I talked to on the phone said there was no policy against legally carried firearms to her knowledge.

Also, they have a 10% off coupon online at http://eatatthemoosecafe.com/page/1qlar/Special_Events_and_Pics/Printable_Coupon.html

Their menu with prices can be found at http://eatatthemoosecafe.com/page/1is05/Menus/Dinner.html. Make sure you go down to the Asheville menu, the top image is the Colfax menu.

It looks like a pretty good place for decent money. Any thoughts?

If everyone planning to attend could please post here and/or pm me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I would like to know how many people will be coming so I can call in advance to ensure a table. If anyone will be coming with you, please give me that information as well. Right now, the plan is for 6:30 Sunday. This is not concrete, but it is what we are currently planning.

sultan62

Alright, well Dreamer can't make it Sunday, and one of the two I was planning to bring can't make it earlier than that. The other I'm unsure about so am not really factoring in, but when is best for everyone else interested? Saturday or Sunday?

sultan62

Ok, I'm thinking move it to Saturday, same time and place. That seems to be the best time to do it, so tentative time is now Saturday evening.

sultan62

This Saturday evening at 6:30 at the Moose Cafe in Asheville.

Edit: Anyone coming please PM me with a mobile phone number if you don't mind, and I will return your message with mine.

Also, please include if you will be attending or if you are a 'maybe,' and how many you will be bringing.

Last edited:

sultan62

I may be away from internet from now until after the OC dinner tomorrow. I don't know how many people are planning to attend, but I look forward to seeing anyone there who shows up.

sultan62

Ok, so the only people to show up were myself and sahib. Hopefully we can plan the next meeting a little more in advance to have more people.

The Moose Cafe was good food, good prices, good atmosphere. We had no problems. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for future OC dinners.

s000161719

The Nazi bosses as work thought I wouldn't mind working on a Saturday night. I mean who does anything then? But if we plan one in advance next time I would ask off.