• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WHAT GUN DUE YOU CARRY WITH WHAT HOLSTER?

REC7

imported post

I CARRY A GLOCK 21 13+1 WITH A CROSSBREED HOLSTER.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Varies, but most of the time its a Glock 27 with .40 cal hollowpoints in a Master's Touch leather holster.

DMWyatt

imported post

"The .45 Auto American Legend" ...made in Austria.

It's not near as bad as the cartridges being put in the magazine backwards in the HK ad, but it does give me a little laugh for the day.

REC7

imported post

poddus wrote:
WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF YELLING. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN POSTING IN OUR FORUM.
GET OVER IT!

Brian D.

imported post

Usually my carry gun is a Browning Hi Power or full size 1911, lots of good holsters out there for those two models. Mostly I tote with an IWB rig, but when there's also going to be range time (w/lots of draws/reholsters) I switch to a paddle type OWB.

When in places with predators larger than people, I switch to a Glock Model 20, the 10mm brother of the M-21 mentioned by REC7. That takes some doing if one is going to carry it IWB. Splurged on a Mitch Rosen for that purpose just because the large frame Glock kinda pushes the size envelope.

poddus

imported post

REC7 wrote:
poddus wrote:
WRITING IN ALL CAPS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF YELLING. PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN POSTING IN OUR FORUM.
GET OVER IT!

I will not get over it because it's rude and lowers the level of conversation. Proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tone allow for a much more effective written exchange of ideas, as well as convey your maturity to your peers. As a political movement, open carriers need to be as respectable as possible to remove ourselves from the common conception that we're just a bunch of stupid rednecks. This extends to our forums.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

REC7 wrote:
poddus wrote:
GET OVER IT!
The man asked nicely and this is how you chose to respond?

The virtual world is no different that the "real" world in that there are certain standards of conduct. The difference is that violating those standards repeatedly in the virtual world will usually result in a limitation of your posting abilities, or removal of your membership.

So, why not make the most of your membership here?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Poddus, calm down. [font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font]People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

You state, in all caps, mind you, "PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND WHEN POSTING IN OUR FORUM." You have posted to this site about 47 time. That is a tad less than 10 times my 400 postings and 24 times less than BB62's 1130 postings. And neither of us have ever declared the Open Carry Forum as ours.

I believe we are all guest on this forum, at the pleasure of the owner of this forum.

You also make some comments about rednecks, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tone.

Quote - "As a political movement [singular], open carriers need to be as respectable as possible to remove ourselves [plural] from the common conception that we're just a bunch of stupid rednecks."

Try this - Open carriers need to be as respectable as possible to eliminate the common misperception that they are just a bunch of stupid rednecks.

Lets move on.

[font="Verdana, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="Times New Roman, serif"] [/font]

poddus

imported post

color of law wrote:
You have posted to this site about 47 time. That is a tad less than 10 times my 400 postings and 24 times less than BB62's 1130 postings. And neither of us have ever declared the Open Carry Forum as ours.

Well, I don't know about you, but I get to the forums through www.opencarry.org by clicking a button that says "Our Forum". I take this to mean the forum of the movement, not the forum of the owners of the site, as you suggest. This was not mean as a means of asserting seniority. Quite the opposite, I meant to imply that we all equally collaborate with each other to make this forum work and therefor have to make an effort to keep the posts up to a standard.

I wrote my response in all caps to exemplify how grating it is to read something in all caps. The post was not intended to scold. Perhaps I should have added a ":)" at the end to clarify, but I didn't. This doesn't, IMHO, excuse REC7 of his disregard for etiquette.

color of law wrote:
You also make some comments about rednecks, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and tone. 

Quote - "As a political movement [singular], open carriers need to be as respectable as possible to remove ourselves [plural] from the common conception that we're just a bunch of stupid rednecks."

Yes I could have worded that differently (your mark-ups are wrong but there are grammatical errors in my post), but I see a difference between it and using "DUE" instead of "do". We're not writing formal essays here, but I for one expect more blatant errors to be fixed.

I think we all could use sunnier dispositions.

REC7

imported post

WELL DUE TO ALL THE AWSOME POSITVENESS OF THIS WEB SITE I WILL HAVE TO JUST STOP MY ASSOCIATION ALL TOGETHER. JUST NOT WORTH IT AT ALL.

poddus

imported post

REC7 wrote:
WELL DUE TO ALL THE AWSOME POSITVENESS OF THIS WEB SITE I WILL HAVE TO JUST STOP MY ASSOCIATION ALL TOGETHER. JUST NOT WORTH IT AT ALL.

Well you're certainly not trying to de-escalate the situation. Are you the kind of person that just keeps bothering people until they snap so that you can whip out your gun and feel like a big man? It sure seems like that, judging from your responses. In that case I support your decision to dissociate yourself from the open carry movement.

theqbn

imported post

GUYS, FRANKLY, I THINK IT'S FUNNY. YOU SHOULD HAVE ALL RESPONDED IN ALL CAPS. IT'S NOT THE FREAKING END OF THE WORLD, NOR IS THIS A SERIOUS TOPIC OF DISCUSSION - JUST A FRIENDLY "WHAT'S IN YOUR HOLSTER" KINDA THING.

IF YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY FUN WITH SOMETHING AS SIMPLE AS THAT, WELL, SUCKS TO BE YOU.

REC7, I HAVE A SPARE KEYBOARD IF YOU NEED ONE... STILL HAS THE CAPSLOCK KEY SO YOU CAN TURN IT OFF. LOL. JUST KIDDING MAN.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

ChinChin

imported post

REC7 wrote:
Given how you tried to introduce yourself, the manner in which you conducted yourself, your phenomenal demonstration of spelling and grammar skills which you posses, and factored in with your general unfamiliarity with the key below "tab" but above "shift". . . .your leaving will be our loss I assure you.

joejoe0621

imported post

I would have to say this forum got blown way off subject. The guy started a post with a fun subject, just to see what fellow OCer's are packing and how they keep it on them.

The very first post he got was someone telling him all caps is like yelling. Give him a break. No serious reading to do on his post just a sentence of what he carries and how he carries it, it just happends to be in all caps. Maybe he felt like shouting aloud his love for his Glock....

Not all these postneed adheire to strict grammer rules and be spell checked with correct punctuation. Some are for fun, we are a community right? Sit back and relax a little. Lets not be so critical. Lets remember also open carry is our right as americans weather we are "stupid rednecks" black, asian, hispanic, or whatever....

Some posts are meant to be dressed down...less formal...however you may want to word it...lets respect rec and tell him what we carry,

I by the way CARRY A TAURUS PT 24/7 .40 CAL WITH A COMPOSIT BLACKHAWK PADDLE HOLSTER...WHEN I DONT WANT AN EXTRA FOUR POUNDS ON MY HIP I POCKET MY RUGER LCP .380 IN A NO-TITLT POCKET HOLSTER....

xD.45Service

imported post

Yeah! I carry alot of different guns..

xD .45

xDm9

SR9

Beretta 96D

Beretta Px4 Storm .40

Baby eagle II .45

Bersa thunder .45 UC

Bersa Thunder .380

Taurus PT709

...and my LCP in the pocket.. My full size gunsI carry in a Tagua OWB for a glock 23

others just go in the pockets..