Thread: I don't mean to go off topic...

Post imported post

Link: http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html

Basically Madison citizens are asking the sheriff to stop reporting ILLEGAL'S that are in JAIL to immigration.

Has that city gone so backwards that they would rather keep unregistered, unlawful people in tax payer supported housing instead of sending them back?

AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH MY HEAD NOT IN MY ASS??!!!!

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

IIRC Madistan has long been a sanctuary city.

Post imported post

Read the comments. I read about a dozen or so and not one was in support of the council idjuts. There were 106 comments a few minutes ago. I would guess that 90% are against illegal immigration.

In the article the alderman called his constituents "Cowards sitting at home emailing" or something to that effect for emailing him apparently to stop illegal immigration.

I think all those "cowards" are out working jobs and don't have the time the illegals have to march in the town. Since all these "cowards" are paying their taxes which are being stolen and used to fund illegals one would think that these "cowards" are fed up with the illegal situation and want it stopped.

One would think....right?
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

One would think... But you never know in the City That Never Stops Oppressing

Post imported post

Oh come on, the Madison city council has a long and dubiously proud tradition of passing impotent resolutions: supporting the sugar can harvest in Cuba, calling for wars to end, and yes-- telling an elected official who does not answer to them how to do his job. In this example, telling the chief law enforcement officer of the county to pay no attention to an illegal activity.

Apparently the day-to-day operation of a city with a quarter of a million residents is so simple and non-time consuming that it leaves the council members with much idle time on their hands allowing them to frequently delve into meaningless gestures regarding national, international and social matters. It makes them feel good, as if something they do actually matters more than simply approving how much the city will expend for repairing the potholes...

However they do not seem to have found the time during the past 15 years to seriously consider repealing the unenforceable gun ordinances.

Countless actions by this city council are, to borrow a phrase from Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts."
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Post imported post

Shotgun wrote:
    Oh come on, the Madison city council has a long and dubiously proud tradition of passing impotent resolutions: supporting the sugar can harvest in Cuba, calling for wars to end, and yes-- telling an elected official who does not answer to them how to do his job. In this example, telling the chief law enforcement officer of the county to pay no attention to an illegal activity.

Apparently the day-to-day operation of a city with a quarter of a million residents is so simple and non-time consuming that it leaves the council members with much idle time on their hands allowing them to frequently delve into meaningless gestures regarding national, international and social matters. It makes them feel good, as if something they do actually matters more than simply approving how much the city will expend for repairing the potholes...

However they do not seem to have found the time during the past 15 years to seriously consider repealing the unenforceable gun ordinances.

Countless actions by this city council are, to borrow a phrase from Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts."
    Haha - I like that...

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA