• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't mean to go off topic...

anmut

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Read the comments. I read about a dozen or so and not one was in support of the council idjuts. There were 106 comments a few minutes ago. I would guess that 90% are against illegal immigration.

In the article the alderman called his constituents "Cowards sitting at home emailing" or something to that effect for emailing him apparently to stop illegal immigration.

I think all those "cowards" are out working jobs and don't have the time the illegals have to march in the town. Since all these "cowards" are paying their taxes which are being stolen and used to fund illegals one would think that these "cowards" are fed up with the illegal situation and want it stopped.

One would think....right?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Oh come on, the Madison city council has a long and dubiously proud tradition of passing impotent resolutions: supporting the sugar can harvest in Cuba, calling for wars to end, and yes-- telling an elected official who does not answer to them how to do his job. In this example, telling the chief law enforcement officer of the county to pay no attention to an illegal activity.

Apparently the day-to-day operation of a city with a quarter of a million residents is so simple and non-time consuming that it leaves the council members with much idle time on their hands allowing them to frequently delve into meaningless gestures regarding national, international and social matters. It makes them feel good, as if something they do actually matters more than simply approving how much the city will expend for repairing the potholes...

However they do not seem to have found the time during the past 15 years to seriously consider repealing the unenforceable gun ordinances.

Countless actions by this city council are, to borrow a phrase from Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts."

anmut

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
Oh come on, the Madison city council has a long and dubiously proud tradition of passing impotent resolutions: supporting the sugar can harvest in Cuba, calling for wars to end, and yes-- telling an elected official who does not answer to them how to do his job. In this example, telling the chief law enforcement officer of the county to pay no attention to an illegal activity.

Apparently the day-to-day operation of a city with a quarter of a million residents is so simple and non-time consuming that it leaves the council members with much idle time on their hands allowing them to frequently delve into meaningless gestures regarding national, international and social matters. It makes them feel good, as if something they do actually matters more than simply approving how much the city will expend for repairing the potholes...

However they do not seem to have found the time during the past 15 years to seriously consider repealing the unenforceable gun ordinances.

Countless actions by this city council are, to borrow a phrase from Jeremy Bentham, "nonsense on stilts."

Haha - I like that...