Thread: The small text here hurts my eyes

Post imported post

I am on several gun forums and to me it seems the text here is smaller than any other forum I am on & I think it's the reason I read less here, it hurts my eyes.

I'm not going to change my computer settings, but is there a setting here on this forum I do not know about?

Am I the only one who has noticed? Mabe my eyes are getting older but they do not hurt on other sites.

PS, I love this forum, just wish the text was bigger.

Banned

Post imported post

how about this size:celebrate

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

[CTRL] [SHIFT] [+]

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    [CTRL] [SHIFT] [+]
    Firefox lets you zoom text two ways: Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel, or Ctrl + "+" or "-". No shift key needed.

There's no reason for anyone to use super-large text formatting within the forum. Leave it at the default and let the users choose what size they want.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

4angrybadgers wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    [CTRL] [SHIFT] [+]
    Firefox lets you zoom text two ways: Ctrl + mouse scroll wheel, or Ctrl + "+" or "-". No shift key needed.

There's no reason for anyone to use super-large text formatting within the forum. Leave it at the default and let the users choose what size they want.
    Unfortunately on some keyboards, mine, the '+' is a shifted key function. And the keyboard functions are generic, not limited to FF (that I use), and have been tested in a version of IE.

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    4angrybadgers wrote:
    Doug Huffman wrote:
    [CTRL] [SHIFT] [+]

Unfortunately on some keyboards, mine, the '+' is a shifted key function. And the keyboard functions are generic, not limited to FF (that I use), and have been tested in a version of IE.
    Well on any keyboard I've ever seen, typing a literal "+" requires a Shift key press. But you don't need the Shift key to zoom in - try it. Ctrl + "=" works to zoom, it's the same physical key. We just say press the plus key because it makes more logical sense.

Post imported post

Hold down the control key and try rolling the mouse wheel either up or down.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Hold down the control key and try rolling the mouse wheel either up or down.
    Thanks SO MUCH AbNo...now there's a neat trick I didn't know. Just proves once again I learn something new darn near ever day!!

I'm gittin' older too (55+) but since I found this site I wouldn't let a little thing like my eyes hurting stop me from visiting here. Unlike Rottman who whines he ain't gonna change his settings yet the small print hurts his eyes.....perhaps Rottman needs to see his eye doctor, get new glasses or some such.

Or just quit yer belly achin Rottman!! Learn to deal with life's small adversities. or

Get over it !!