• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to start ending people's employment.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I work for a national retailer, one of the 3 office supply company's, with over 1000 stores nationwide.

I am a store manager. The decisions regarding removing someone from my store are my decisions only. (As my practice the only reason I have ever asked people to leave my store is they are belligerent, physically a threat or are stealing or damaging property.)

I have had (non)customers ask my employee's for their names. (I guess they can't read a name badge) I have always only given out MY NAME. I am responsible for the building. My name is on the wall. Any issues can be resolved by me the store manager. But once you are asked to leave ANDasked a 2nd time....leave. I have walked people out to the sidewalk. They have asked for my last name. No, my first name and the location of the store is enough information to make a complaint to corporate. My personal information is not your business. I always ask that they call me the next day, after everyone has had a chance to think about the situation. There is nothing immediate or time sensitive about any interaction in retail.

Our best approach is to get the store manager's name, location, and call the store manager the next day. Then call or write corporate to get the response. If you can talk with the store manager/general manager at the time that would be ideal. Assistant managers are not the best person to talk with. But get their name so when you talk with the store manager you have facts.

Hunterdave

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
walmart is destroying america by sending jobs over to china mexico wherever

they are anti worker andanti union
It's not WM that send jobs overseas, it's the US gov't, with over regulation, high taxes
and unions, with wage inflation.

eye95

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
and consumers that could give a **** less about buying american made
Yep. I go for the quality I want at the lowest price. I don't care who makes it. If American labor has priced itself out of the market, that's its own stupid fault. I believe in Free Markets and Liberty. Americans used to believe in these ideas, too.

Hunterdave

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
and consumers that could give a **** less about buying american made
You missed the point. If not for over regulation,taxes and unions, products would
be made much cheaper here. Industry could afford to stay here, then WM
products would be US made.

eye95

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
then we would all be living in a ghetto like mexicans and a straw hut like china men

to much corporate greed banks, oil companies etc
You know, if you want folks to take rational arguments seriously, you might want try typing something close to English.

Anyway, greed exists in all systems. However, in Free Market systems greed (aka "enlightened self-interest") makes the system work for all, as we all have the power of choice. Systems that are not free, still vest that power somewhere, and from that somewhere (just as full of greed), since it isn't the People, comes oppression.

ecocks

imported post

Ditto on loving Walmart. Great ammo prices, good array of groceries, drug store items, appliances, movies, always have accessories like glasses, ear plugs and such, plus there is the occasional good buy on long guns.

All four in my area have no issue with responsible OC too.

Walmart gets my business on a regular basis.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
I've been there three years, and it's by far the best company I've ever worked for.

Have you worked for any other corporation before becoming a wal mart employee?

If not, what are you comparing your experience to?

The poor treatment of employees by wal mart is in the news every week, in every part of the country, yetthey are getting glowing reviews from your perspective.
Did you work in an offshore sweatshop previous to wal mart? I guess it could seem great if that was the case.

Hunterdave

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
I've been there three years, and it's by far the best company I've ever worked for.

The poor treatment of employees by wal mart is in the news every week, in every part of the country, yetthey are getting glowing reviews from your perspective.
Did you work in an offshore sweatshop previous to wal mart? I guess it could seem great if that was the case.
Liberal-unionist propaganda!

eye95

imported post

Nutczak wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:

Have you ever worked for Wal-Mart? Or are you challenging the word of an actual Wal-Mart employee solely on the basis of what you saw on TV?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

im union also

with out unions you would not have

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

i guess you would be happy with 25 cents an hour no health insurance and working 80 hours a week

bigdaddy1

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

i guess you would be happy with 25 cents an hour no health insurance and working 80 hours a week
Lets get back to the topic, you guys want to discuss unions etc do it privatly.

eye95

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

Unions did not give us minimum wage of OSHA. Congress did. I wish they hadn't. Unions didn't create the 40-hour week. They created the idea of overtime pay for more than 40 hours. (One more thing that priced American workers out of the world market.) Health "insurance" (when it really was health insurance) was originally offered to white-collar, non-union workers as an incentive. If unions really created "health care coverage," they are personally responsible for the mess that the government is now trying to "fix."

Your presumption that wages would be 25 cents an hour for an 80-hour work week is silly, unsupportable propaganda. However, were the typical wage 25 cents an hour, typical house payments would be $100 a month.

Unions didn't help labor. They destroyed industry.

We need to bring back Free Markets.

Again, if you are trying to convince others of the intelligence of your argument, something close to English would be helpful.

Hunterdave

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

minimum wage= price inflation=bad
osha=over reaching gov't=increased cost to do business, price inflation,along with other
over regulation =industry moves overseas=bad
40 hr week=if you don't want to work more than 40 hrs and your job requires it,QUIT
weekend= see 40hr week above

I'm not in a union and make alot more than 25 cents an hour. I am self employed
and never had any of those and am the better for it.
I have been in this business all of my adult life, taught myself and built my business
myself, with no help from gov't or any union and make more money than most doctors and lawyers.
So, obviously we don't need unions to succeed.

buster81

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

If you really want to know what unions do, spend some time on a union industrial construction site (I don't know what union trade you practice so you you may do this already). I'm not talking about light commercial, but actual industrial construction.

Once you spend a couple of days waiting for two people to do a one person 4 hour job, you should appreciate the actual impact unions have. They increase the cost of construction by25-40%. Of course, the union management disputes this from their ivory tower.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

If you really want to know what unions do, spend some time on a union industrial construction site (I don't know what union trade you practice so you you may do this already). I'm not talking about light commercial, but actual industrial construction.

Once you spend a couple of days waiting for two people to do a one person 4 hour job, you should appreciate the actual impact unions have. They increase the cost of construction by25-40%. Of course, the union management disputes this from their ivory tower.
you must be a rat