• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Time to start ending people's employment.

buster81

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

with out unions you would not have

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

i guess you would be happy with 25 cents an hour no health insurance and working 80 hours a week

If you really want to know what unions do, spend some time on a union industrial construction site (I don't know what union trade you practice so you you may do this already). I'm not talking about light commercial, but actual industrial construction.

Once you spend a couple of days waiting for two people to do a one person 4 hour job, you should appreciate the actual impact unions have. They increase the cost of construction by25-40%. Of course, the union management disputes this from their ivory tower.
you must be a rat

LOL. I assume by "rat" you are referring to a non-union contractor. Not even close.

You must be one of the two people requird to do a one person job.So, what is your trade?

eye95

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
buster81 wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
im union also

with out unions you would not have

minimum wage

osha

40 hour work week

and a weekend

i guess you would be happy with 25 cents an hour no health insurance and working 80 hours a week

If you really want to know what unions do, spend some time on a union industrial construction site (I don't know what union trade you practice so you you may do this already). I'm not talking about light commercial, but actual industrial construction.

Once you spend a couple of days waiting for two people to do a one person 4 hour job, you should appreciate the actual impact unions have. They increase the cost of construction by25-40%. Of course, the union management disputes this from their ivory tower.
you must be a rat
When one cannot maturely and rationally use rhetoric to make his points, he resorts to name-calling.

buster81

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
Jehovah's Witness?

Seriously, having attained this level of competence within the electrical trade,it is your argument that without the brotherhood, you would be making $0.25 per hour? That doesn't seen very accurate now does it?

Here is a side question for you. Have you ever taken work on the side that didn't go on the books, like say, pull some Romex through a house for a few bucks?

DMWyatt

imported post

To the OP, I agree with whoever said that getting people fired goes beyond corrective action into being an act of revenge.

As far as working at Wal-Mart is concerned, there are worse jobs. I've worked there several different times for one reason or another, and I never felt exploited or discriminated against. In fact, a lot of the corporate policies at Wal-Mart were a lot better than some of the factories I've worked in.

As far as unions are concerned, I never understood the idea of paying someone my hard earned money in order to give up my right to negotiate contracts, wages, and advancement with my employers on my own behalf.

I think that about covers everything being discussed.

Yes it's a slow and boring night in Ohio. :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
mcdonalk wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
cant get any lower then working for walmart...
:X

I've been there three years, and it's by far the best company I've ever worked for. I would recommend you keep you personal attacks (even general ones) to yourself. kthx

not attacking you

just a company that is shutting down american manufacturing one plant at a time
you all might disagree with his statements..but it's all SO true. Wallyworld is the reason we have 25 million people out of work, since Wallyworld has been the biggest importer of cheaply made Crappy goods made with care in China. Wally world is the reason all of those Corporations moved their manufacturing base to China, Mexico, Vietnam, etc. Instead of paying American workers 15.00 an hour with bentfits, we can move the plant to China, etc & pay the workers 15.00 a day with NO benefits...then ship it to America, they will appreciate the cheap stuff since they are out of work & can no longer afford to pay for quality American made stuff....OH WAIT nothing is made in America anymore..but cars. GET IT, WALMART = CHINA our Enemy.

Why am i wasting my time ? you all will go shopping at Wally world today for something, or go to work at Wallyworld. I have never set foot in a Walmart, ever.

Stop shopping at a place that is CONSTANTLY forgetting their policy on Open carry & having their illegal alien employee's asking us to leave because they can't can't read a memo in english. Just don't go there, writing these letters to wallyworld is a BIG WASTE of time.

buster81

imported post

Walmart is not the reason. The reason, is that operating a manufacturing facility offshore is cheaper. Thank your politicians. I hope you don't wear anything made my Nike.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

buster81 wrote:
Walmart is not the reason. The reason, is that operating a manufacturing facility offshore is cheaper. Thank your politicians. I hope you don't wear anything made my Nike.
nope, my shoes MADE IN USA :)Blame the Gov ? Sure ok, Nafta & Cafta...global free trade policies that are killing us, sure....., blame the corporations that decided after 30-40-50-60 years of manufacturing in the USA & nice profits, to be greedy & leave to Mexico, or china.....read labels people..your toothpaste is made in Mexico :( those Shrek Glasses that just got recalled all 12 Million of them, made in China have toxic stuff on them MADE IN CHINA go figure. Where is the American pride ?? :?

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

if you want stuff cheaper we can out source everything and bring people from india on h1b visas so no american will have a job and we will be owned by communist china

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

United States trade deficit

United States trade deficit (1991-2005).
The United States of America has held a trade deficit starting late in the 1960s. It was this very deficit that forced the United States in 1971 off the gold standard. Its trade deficit has been increasing at a large rate since 1997 [35][/suP] (See chart) and increased by 49.8 billion dollars between 2005 and 2006, setting a record high of 817.3 billion dollars, up from 767.5 billion dollars the previous year.[36][/suP]

It is worth noting on the graph that the deficit slackened during recessions and grew during periods of expansion. Also of note, many economists calculate trade deficits and/or current account deficits as a percentage of GDP. The US last had a trade surplus in 1975.[37][/suP] Every year there has been a major reduction in economic growth, it is followed by a reduction in the US trade deficit.[25][/suP]

[suP][/suP]

[suP][/suP]

[suP]how about we say screw it and boycott everything made in america because the labor is to expensive[/suP]

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

Warren Buffett on trade deficits
The successful American businessman and investor Warren Buffett was quoted in the Associated Press (January 20, 2006) as saying "The U.S trade deficit is a bigger threat to the domestic economy than either the federal budget deficit or consumer debt and could lead to political turmoil... Right now, the rest of the world owns $3 trillion more of us than we own of them." Buffett has proposed a tool called Import Certificates as a solution to the United States' problem and ensure balanced trade.[26][/suP]