• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Gun Open Carry

ryanburbridge

imported post

If the OC ban passes if I understand corectly it will not ban UOC of long guns. Will anyone start to carry long guns? Would this be our next step? Would anyone be interested in having a long gun meet up befor the ban is past to test the waters? Let's have a long gun discussion.
Thanks this is for info only I could be totally out of touch.
Ryan

aadvark

imported post

Long Guns still have to be Unloaded, per Penal Code 12031(e).

You may soon have to Register it as well to California.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
If the HANDGUN OC ban passes if I understand corectly it will not ban UOC of long guns. Will anyone start to carry long guns? Would this be our next step? Would anyone be interested in having a long gun meet up befor the ban is past to test the waters? Let's have a long gun discussion.
Ryan

Edited for specificity.

Yes, those who have enjoyed handgun open carry will likely merge into long gun open carry in the event that AB1934 does become law. I will not commence LGUOC unless it has been made necessary by our legislature.

dirtykoala

imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
If the OC ban passes if I understand corectly it will not ban UOC of long guns. Will anyone start to carry long guns? Would this be our next step? Would anyone be interested in having a long gun meet up befor the ban is past to test the waters? Let's have a long gun discussion.
Ryan

OLL AK47s are way less intimidating to the public than pistols. I will be carrying one post 1934 though.

plus you can openly transport a long gun through a school zone (IIRC, IANAL), so driving from your house to your destination will be much easier. i dont think you can hang out at a location inside of a school zone though.

another advantage to long gun carry is that you can sling it around your body so BGs and cops will have a hard time getting to it, and you have a sweet club its too late to load.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

dirtykoala wrote:
plus you can openly transport a long gun through a school zone (IIRC, IANAL), so driving from your house to your destination will be much easier. i dont think you can hang out at a location inside of a school zone though.
Yay, the urban dwellers finally can carry! I'm sure I'll be a big hit in SF.

another advantage to long gun carry is that you can sling it around your body so BGs and cops will have a hard time getting to it, and you have a sweet club its too late to load.
Very true. Throw a rifle or shotgun with a sling over your shoulder and put on a long coat and you're good to go. Now I just have to think how I can lean my rifle on the dinner table. Can I get the booth? Maybe that table by the wall? Thanks.

Ca Patriot

imported post

If the handgun ban passes I will be out first thing in public with my long gun and I will be walking right past schools with it.

Open carry of long guns doesnt apply to school zones, right ? lol

nicki

imported post

Hmmm,

Guess we can UOC long guns in San Fran and West Hollyweird.

Guess I'll have to modify my rem 870 so it has a folding stock, 7 to 8 shot tube, side saddle with shells, and a sling with shells.

Nicki

Gundude

imported post

I have this picture in my mind of me in the supermarket pushing a cart with my Browning 7mm Rem mag with a 4 X 12 Leupold scope slung on my shoulder. :what:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

ryanburbridge wrote:
Thanks for the response. It's nice to know I'm not the only one not going to give up without a fight. Anyone ready for a LGUOC meet up?
No. As yet, I do not see any reason to commence the carry of long guns when it has not been made necessary or productive. I would say we should focus on handguns or pistols until we are given no other alternative.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
ryanburbridge wrote:
Thanks for the response. It's nice to know I'm not the only one not going to give up without a fight. Anyone ready for a LGUOC meet up?
No. As yet, I do not see any reason to commence the carry of long guns when it has not been made necessary or productive. I would say we should focus on handguns or pistols until we are given no other alternative.
I will second that. We should remain reasonable at all turns. Be reasonable with handgun open carry. When they take that away from us then long gun open carry. When asked why at that point we have a reason.

Now, the real issue is that long guns per state law or 626.9 is not as difficult as handguns, but for the Federal you still need to worry a little.

demnogis

imported post

I have to agree with the sentiments above: don't UOC long guns for the time being. If AB1934 becomes law then by all means, execise what is uninfringed. For some of us this means folding .22 rifles with tech sights or reticles. Personally I would prefer a semi-collapsible PC-9 just to keep from having to buy more ammo. Keep in mind there are still plenty of people who have hi-cap mags for their rifles that are totally legal.