• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WV Open Carry Brochure?

Dreamer

imported post

Many other states have OC Brochures (tri-fold, printed on letter-sized paper) that we can print and hand out to people. I've got files for VA, NC, PA, and OH (states I regularly travel through) but I haven't been able to find one tailored to WV's laws.

I was wondering if someone had made one up yet, and if so, where I could find it (preferably in PDF format).

If such a brochure/flyer does NOT exist, I would gladly work one up for you guys, based on a simiiar format of these other states. All I would need would be the text (similar info like on some of the other States flyers) and I could format it and post it for everyone to download.

Thanks!

Sig229

imported post

You have a great idea there Dreamer.
As far as I know, there isnt any brochure for WV.

Unfortunately WV has some very gray laws regarding OC.
For instance, a few threads back we were trying to figure out why in the hell you are prohibited from OC'ing in "the woods".
I dont think we ever found a clear answer on that. I would think that WV wouldn't have such a dumb law/rule.

In WV, we can OC in the car and around town, but not in the woods? Thats insane!

merc460

Has any more info on this come about? I come from WV and visit occasionally. I have a friend that owns a Pawn/Gun shop, maybe he can help??

feeldasteel

It sure would be a handy thing to have, instead of carrying around the entire WV firearms laws booklet in a folder in my car all the time!