• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apple store at friendly center

Preble

High Point, North Carolina, United States
imported post

last post was from my phone so, here is an update.

I was in there looking to buy some stuff for my Iphone. I was messing around on the ipad( was in the store for about 20 minutes at this time) the manager walks up to me and said

apple guy:leave its against the law to carry here.
Me: okay, but I said i see no signs.
apple guy: Its also against the friendly center rules
me: i said once again Its not posted and i know that you carry here in the shopping center

he just had a huge attitued and was very unprofessional about it. All he wanted to do is argue about it as i was trying to leave. I stopped and asked the guy at the door for the managers name and store number, he gave it to me. The guy at the door also said sorry you have to leave, i was like it happens. The manager as i walks out asked the guy at the door " what the hell did he want"

I called apple, they said they would contact him and let him know that i was not doing anything wrong.

chiefjason

imported post

Preble wrote:
I called apple, they said they would contact him and let him know that i was not doing anything wrong.

That's good to hear at least. It's no fun to deal with those folks. I had one at Walmart a while back. I called corporate and let them straighten him out. No problems since. Hope that's the case for you as well.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

Interesting... I was asked to leave Best Buy exactly one week prior to your incident at the Apple store. After leaving Best Buy, I went straight to the same Apple store & bought the stuff I would have bought at Best Buy. I even had an employee assisting me the entire time I was there. They didn't have any problem that night with my SR9. Also, about a month prior I was there with my wife and daughter while OC'ing my Glock 21. I was holding my toddler & roaming the store with her while my wife was talking to a salesman. In the 30 minutes we were there no one ever said anything to me about my gun.

Let's hear it for consistency, eh? I hope the managers of BOTH stores get reamed for this.

Anthony_I_Am

imported post

"apple guy:leave its against the law to carry here."

Finally one who shows his true rude anti colors.
It's nice to see one who didn't begin with the customary "I'm a member of the NRA, but..." or "I supportthe second amendment fully, but..." bull.