• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

They need our help

BionicJumpy

imported post

Couple weeks ago I start to find those people around town asking everybodyto sign the petition to legalize the useof marijuana, and I said NO.

Today I found this link an since I became on of you and ready to stand up for the Second Amendment, I am here to ask you to join me and sign this petion. http://www.petitiononline.com/CalOC/petition.html

omegadeity

imported post

As much as I support the right to bear arms, there are two problems I have with this post.

1st, this is the Nevada OC forums. The petition you're referring to is ONLY eligible to California residents. Falsifying signatures on petitions is a form of fraud I believe.

2nd is more of a question than a problem. How does your stance against Marijuana translate into something relevant to the 2nd Amendment?

VegasGlocKid

imported post

i dont want to start a heated debate but i hope you realize that legalizing mari. WILL help...

-open up tons of agricultural jobs and pharmacies for medical patients.
-stop wasted money on criminalizing some kid who got caught with a sack
-stop wasted resources on tracking down users
-stop reliance on mexico and importation
-cuts down on overcrowding jails for those who are serving for petty mari use and possession
-taxation would put money back into the economy
- and dont forget the poor old lady that has to break the law in order to ease the pain of her arthritis

legalizing it and taxing it is the way to go.

by the way. i do not smoke weed.

omegadeity

imported post

-open up tons of agricultural jobs and pharmacies for medical patients.
-stop wasted money on criminalizing some kid who got caught with a sack
-stop wasted resources on tracking down users
-stop reliance on mexico and importation
-cuts down on overcrowding jails for those who are serving for petty mari use and possession
-taxation would put money back into the economy
- and dont forget the poor old lady that has to break the law in order to ease the pain of her arthritis

legalizing it and taxing it is the way to go.
I agree with everything you've said, and I don't use the stuff either.

This isn't really the place for this kind of debate, but I'm not going to ignore an apparent attempt to draw a correlation between 2A rights and keeping Marijuana illegal.

War on Drugs is over, Prohibition lost. Lets legalize it and tax it.

MK

imported post

You keep a firearm in your home and alot of peopleare scared of it. Many even havesome personal hatred of it and hatred of you for having it. They desireto take it away and radicals even want to imprison you for it.

Yet you are hurting no one with your choice, you are endangering no one with your ownership and responsible use. Your adversaries still wish to unduly persecute you and the large majority alike to you simply because of a few people who have been hurtful, threatening and irresponsible with the same items.

They want to hurt you and all others like you not for what you have done but for what some other bozo, who you have no control over, has done. Because one person went and shot somebody, they now want to hold you and 39 other decent people like you responsible for that one person's hurtful actions and treat you like scum and a criminal.

Its astruggle to keep your home, your mind andyourlife free from other's unwarranted intrusions and attacks.

I think the laws and persecutions against people and theirinherent freedom to possess and use marijuana in a responsible way have alot of the same parallels myself.

When one decent group of people's freedoms are denied and under attack, everyone'sfreedoms arethreatened. Good people who value freedom and liberty should stick together. We should stick to only punishing bad people who do bad things to other people or their property and learn to let good people be.

MK

imported post

On a seperate note and directly related to the original post,

I am always pretty leery about people coming to OCDO forumscreating some oddthread for their first post ever. Why would someone try to get Nevada people to sign a California petition? Why would they inlcude the idea that they said "no" to signing a marijuana petition?

Anyways, it still doesn't change my opinion on how gun possession and ownership can relate in some way to marijuana laws.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

yep:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

28kfps

imported post

MK wrote:
On a seperate note and directly related to the original post,

I am always pretty leery about people coming to OCDO forumscreating some oddthread for their first post ever. Why would someone try to get Nevada people to sign a California petition? Why would they inlcude the idea that they said "no" to signing a marijuana petition?

Anyways, it still doesn't change my opinion on how gun possession and ownership can relate in some way to marijuana laws.

Yep,a retired cop told me one of the most common used law enforcement tools if it does not look right there is a really good chance it is not right.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

So, my gun is now drug paraphernalia? It's definitely a creative way to outlaw guns...

By the way, I was at First Friday tonight and there was a guy taking signatures for the "Repeal Marijuana laws" petition, and I signed right up.

Marijuana laws are just one more attack on the freedoms of Americans. I encourage all to sign the petition.

Whether you smoke or not, just remind yourself that the second amendment is about not only the security of our nation, but also the last line of defense we have against the government taking away your life, liberty, and property.

BionicJumpy

imported post

Before you choose to stand up for something, you should know what you are standing up for! I thought that the purpose ofthis Forum was tostand up for the right of sober and grown up people to OC. If you are sick you go to your doctor and if your pain isreal you are entitled to a prescription. However, goingfrom this to thenbe able to walk intoa pharmacy and buy a "drug" and use it withoutlimitations and be able to OC and even drive or go to your job,is too much. I think we have enough problems to worryabout insteadof adding another one.

NRS 202.257 Possession of firearm when under influence of alcohol, controlled substance or other intoxicating substance; administration of evidentiary test; penalty; forfeiture of firearm.
1. It is unlawful for a person who:

(a) Has a concentration of alcohol of 0.10 or more in his or her blood or breath; or

(b) Is under the influence of any controlled substance, or is under the combined influence of intoxicating liquor and a controlled substance, or any person who inhales, ingests, applies or otherwise uses any chemical, poison or organic solvent, or any compound or combination of any of these, to a degree which renders him or her incapable of safely exercising actual physical control of a firearm,

. . .

3. Any person who violates the provisions of subsection 1 is guilty of a misdemeanor.

BionicJumpy

imported post

MK wrote:
You keep a firearm in your home and alot of peopleare scared of it. Many even havesome personal hatred of it and hatred of you for having it. They desireto take it away and radicals even want to imprison you for it.

Yet you are hurting no one with your choice, you are endangering no one with your ownership and responsible use. Your adversaries still wish to unduly persecute you and the large majority alike to you simply because of a few people who have been hurtful, threatening and irresponsible with the same items.

They want to hurt you and all others like you not for what you have done but for what some other bozo, who you have no control over, has done. Because one person went and shot somebody, they now want to hold you and 39 other decent people like you responsible for that one person's hurtful actions and treat you like scum and a criminal.

Its astruggle to keep your home, your mind andyourlife free from other's unwarranted intrusions and attacks.

I think the laws and persecutions against people and theirinherent freedom to possess and use marijuana in a responsible way have alot of the same parallels myself.

When one decent group of people's freedoms are denied and under attack, everyone'sfreedoms arethreatened. Good people who value freedom and liberty should stick together. We should stick to only punishing bad people who do bad things to other people or their property and learn to let good people be.
Easter morning of 2006 you are with your girlfriend in your brand new car in the parking lot of the Vons on Maryland pkwy, when a man points a gun at your head and threatens you with death. Long story short, he takes the car and your wallet and a couple of blocks away he veers over a median, interfering with oncoming traffic and goes the opposite direction, all as a result of mixing controlled substances and firearms.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

When posting NRS 202.257, you left out one of the most important parts of paragraph 1b:

This prohibition does not apply to the actual physical possession of a firearm by a person who was within the person’s personal residence and had the firearm in his or her possession solely for self-defense.

Like alcohol or prescription drugs, marijuana use should not be illegal. But since it is an intoxicant, certain restrictions do make sense. It's illegal to drink and drive and it's also illegal to be stoned and drive. You can't have a gun in your possession if you're 0.10 BAC, and having a gun in public while stoned is also illegal. Legalizing marijuana does not change that fact.

People can use marijuana responsibly, just like people can carry guns responsibly. If you blame the plant for the actions of people abusing it, you're no different than those who seek to outlaw firearms because they can be used for evil.

BionicJumpy

imported post

Mixing controlled substances withfirearms is likelegalizingdrinking and driving. We hear so many personal stories, including some which come directly from this forum, regarding the accidental discharge of a firearm, and these deal with sober people. Now imagine we are dealing with people under the influence of marijuana.

Marijuana is the most commonly used illicit drug in the United States. When smoked, it begins to effect users almost immediately and can last for one to three hours. When it is eaten in food, such as baked in brownies and cookies, the effects take longer to begin, but usually last longer.

Short-Term Effects
The short-term effects of marijuana include:

Sometimes marijuana use can also produce anxiety, fear, distrust, or panic.

Imagine being impaired in this way with a gun within reach.

Having people on this forum saying that they use their 1911 as an instrument to smoke marijuana brings into question exactly whatfreedom they are fighting for.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This forum may be about open carry, but I will fight for any freedom, whether it directly affects me or not. At the risk of insulting you, I think anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite.

If you expect others to respect your right to possess a firearm and/or open carry, then why would you disrespect another's right to ingest any substance he so chooses? Who are you to tell another individual what he or she may or may not do "because it's bad"? Do you fight against Budweiser, Marlboro, or McDonald's? Why not Glock? Or Ferrari?

I don't smoke (unfortunately, I'm allergic to cannabis), but I fully support the legalization, or rather, de-criminalization of it. I support the de-criminalization of any activity that does not hurt another person or take away his liberty or property.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

timf343 wrote:
This forum may be about open carry, but I will fight for any freedom, whether it directly affects me or not. At the risk of insulting you, I think anyone who says otherwise is a hypocrite.

If you expect others to respect your right to possess a firearm and/or open carry, then why would you disrespect another's right to ingest any substance he so chooses? Who are you to tell another individual what he or she may or may not do "because it's bad"? Do you fight against Budweiser, Marlboro, or McDonald's? Why not Glock? Or Ferrari?

I don't smoke (unfortunately, I'm allergic to cannabis), but I fully support the legalization, or rather, de-criminalization of it. I support the de-criminalization of any activity that does not hurt another person or take away his liberty or property
weed alergies:what:that no fun

lsd and guns ill admit might not be a good idea

butt weed is harmless depending on how much you smoke