• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can't vote while OC'ing

greengum

imported post

Went and voted today off of Eastern in a parking lot trailer. I was standing in line when an official voter person asked me if I was a LEO. I told him I wasn't and that I was just here to vote as an American. He said "you can't have a gun here"

Me: Why not?

Official: Because you are not a cop

Me: What does that have to do with anything?

Official: Well you can't vote with a gun!

Me: Why not?

Official: Well everyone knows you can't vote with a gun!

Me: Really, everyone?

Official: YES!

Me: I know the "everyone knows that" argument may work in the 3rd grade along with "I'm rubber and you're glue" but could state which law doesn't allow me to vote with a gun?

Official: I will look it up and ask my boss.

Me: O.K. you do that.

After I voted and was leaving I asked if he found the law that EVERYONE knows about. He decided to not answer and then handed me my "I voted" sticker.

The Big Guy

imported post

Ask if they are LEO. When they say no, ask them even if it is the law, what givesyou the right to enforce it if you're not LEO? Sounds like someone must have set him straight, which is a good thing.

BG

Vegassteve

imported post

timf343 wrote:
Voted earlier at Meadows Mall. No word about me OC. I love Nevada!
I thought the trailer I voted in last time said no firearms on a long list of rules. It was not even close to a school.

Ctclassic

imported post

The Big Guy wrote:
Ask if they are LEO. When they say no, ask them even if it is the law, what givesyou the right to enforce it if you're not LEO? Sounds like someone must have set him straight, which is a good thing.

BG
I couldn't agree more, everytime I read someone's post that say they were asked if they were anLEO, I wonder if it means it's ok for THEM to OC in whatever situation they find themselfs in. Just my .02

merle

imported post

Got done voting today in Douglas County. Deputy was there talking to the poll workers.

Only thing he said was "Have a nice day" when I was done voting.

Gotta love NV, especially compared to PRK 2 miles down the road.

Sabotage70

imported post

I just got back myself. My polling place was at the local elementary school. But that didn't me from OC'ing.....

...my empty holster. ;) And yes I parked across the street off school property.:monkey