Thread: Towns/ Cities that require every house to have a gun?

Banned

Post imported post

anybody have a list of towns/cities that are like that

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned

Post imported post

how do they enforce it?

what if its a family of felons?:what:

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    how do they enforce it?

what if its a family of felons?:what:
    IIRC, there is an exception clause in the law that anyone can qualify for.

Post imported post

its not enforced...its just the idea if you go to Kennesaw to to rob houses your gonna get yourself shot...and it dropped their crime to super lows

Post imported post

From the Kennesaw Ordinaceson Municode relating to Civil Emergencies [Chapter 34; Article II]:

Sec. 34-21. - Heads of households to maintain firearms.

(a)
    In order to provide for the emergency management of the city, and further in order to provide for and protect the safety, security and general welfare of the city and its inhabitants, every head of household residing in the city limits is required to maintain a firearm, together with ammunition therefore.

(b)
    Exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who suffer a physical or mental disability which would prohibit them from using such a firearm. Further exempt from the effect of this section are those heads of households who are paupers or who conscientiously oppose maintaining firearms as a result of beliefs or religious doctrine, or persons convicted of a felony.

(Ord. No. 2009-03, Exh. A, 2-16-09)

http://library.municode.com/HTML/128...C34_AII_s34-21

Post imported post

I think when i finish my 20 i might try to retire there. Sounds like a very polite and friendly community.
    HOOAH?

Post imported post

25sierraman wrote:
    I think when i finish my 20 i might try to retire there. Sounds like a very polite and friendly community.
    Only 20? Well at any rate thank you for your service Sergeant. Kennesaw sounds like a very nice place but wouldn't it be great if all cities would make that law?
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Post imported post

KansasMustang wrote:
    25sierraman wrote:
    Only 20? Well at any rate thank you for your service Sergeant. Kennesaw sounds like a very nice place but wouldn't it be great if all cities would make that law?
    I gotta take baby steps Sergeant Major. I'm only 22 right now so 20 years still seems like a very very long time to me. I'm up for my 6 soon and hopefully i do well on the AFAST later this month. Id love to fly. Then id probably do 30 haha.

SFCRetired - the army even in the short time ive been in seems to have gotten a bit "soft" at least compared to what all the old grizzled SFC's are saying :shock:but then again we are deploying alot more. When i just graduated AIT i found myself in the 10th mountain packing my ruck for Kirkuk. 19 years old when i started my 15 month rotation in Iraq. It's always cool when your combat stripes out number your service stripes.

Thanks to both of you for the support. I'm only trying to be like you guys all old and retired and stuff(respectfully).
    HOOAH?