• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry with the new law

TylerEMT

imported post

I've ready through the bill, but am not sure how it will effect open carry for 18-20 year olds. Will anything change or will the same rules still apply? What about the map compartment, glove box issue? Will it still be legal for me to keep my gun in my glovebox, or is that concealed now?

*1911_man*

imported post

im 19, as far as i know the laws still remain the same, which is unfortunate since i was looking forward to being able to conceal carry..:cry::cry:

azcdlfred

imported post

TylerEMT wrote:
I've ready through the bill, but am not sure how it will effect open carry for 18-20 year olds. Will anything change or will the same rules still apply? What about the map compartment, glove box issue? Will it still be legal for me to keep my gun in my glovebox, or is that concealed now?
You still won't be able to concealed carry until 21, but the language regarding open and vehicle carryisin a new sectionARS 13-3102.B.2. For a starter, it allows for an open carryfireram to be visible, as well as the holster. It also eliminates the belt holster requirement.

The old ARS 13-3102.G section, that the courts have muddied up in the 1994 Adams and Moerman decisions, has been eliminated. This old section was where the courts determined that "wholly or partially visible" meant "obvious under ordinary observation" and a gun in a car must be visible outside the car.

However, the new language in ARS 13-3102.B.2(e) restates the old "within a means of transportation" language along with the holstered gun in a glove compartment, etc. A gun on or under a seat sounds like "within a means of transportation" but remember, cops have been conditioned by 16 years of a court decision meaning "visible from the outside of the vehicle" and I'd bet money you'd be arrested and the lower court will rely on the 1994 appeals court decision on that very same lanugage, even though the section that was based on has been obliterated.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
...so allthe wannabe Rambos and Don Johnsons can strap on the"look at me, I think I'm soooooooo cool" thighrigs and shoulder holsters.
Or maybe my PLR has already saved my ass more than once and I won't settle for any less?

I'm sure plenty of people frown on it, but I really don't care.

What does a thigh rig have to do with being cool or rambo? I carry 91 rounds of SS109! A holster style is your slandering point?

My point being, the 'crazy' people you make fun of are what makes you look normal. Without them, you're the one out there hanging off the edge.

azcdlfred

imported post

ixtow wrote:
Or maybe my PLR has already saved my ass more than once and I won't settle for any less? I'm sure plenty of people frown on it, but I really don't care. What does a thigh rig have to do with being cool or rambo? I carry 91 rounds of SS109!
Glad to to hear yourholster style has benefited you!I'm not familiar with theterms you are using.What is a PLR? And, what is SS109?

Thanks,
Fred

Thoreau

imported post

azcdlfred wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Or maybe my PLR has already saved my ass more than once and I won't settle for any less? I'm sure plenty of people frown on it, but I really don't care. What does a thigh rig have to do with being cool or rambo? I carry 91 rounds of SS109!
Glad to to hear yourholster style has benefited you!I'm not familiar with theterms you are using.What is a PLR? And, what is SS109?

Thanks,
Fred

SS109 is NATO spec 5.56x45 mm ball ammo.

PLR = http://kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.htm