Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Saturday OC Meet

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Just a reminder that next Saturday, June 12, is the 2nd Saturday OC Meet.

I've been giving this some thought and have decided to move the time from 8 am to 9 am. This will be early enough for those who have other things to do, and late enough for some of those who like to sleep in a little more.

SO:

2nd Saturday OC Meet
    Saturday, June 12 - 9 am
    Starbucks
    348th and Hwy 99, Federal Way

See ya there!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    Just a reminder that next Saturday, June 12, is the 2nd Saturday OC Meet.

I've been giving this some thought and have decided to move the time from 8 am to 9 am. This will be early enough for those who have other things to do, and late enough for some of those who like to sleep in a little more.

SO:

2nd Saturday OC Meet
    Saturday, June 12 - 9 am
    Starbucks
    348th and Hwy 99, Federal Way

See ya there!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

69Charger

Post imported post

Cool beans.
    See ya there.
    Dave

Post imported post

I'll be sure to show up and say, "Hi."

Post imported post

Great! Looking forward to it!
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

OT:

One of my favorite Seinfeld episode was about "Bookman". Jerry had a tough time keeping a straight face throughout this scene:

http://tinyurl.com/24c3b88

Post imported post

I will be there by 8am I am sure for the early birds.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

I'll be at the Monroe gun show with the OC table......

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    I'll be at the Monroe gun show with the OC table......
    Monroe? Hmmm lot closer than a South Sound meet. I'm not sure I have Sat. off but wouldn't mind hangin out at the table with you if I do.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

BUMP

Post imported post

Hey everyone! I might be there.
    "Don't retreat, just reload."

Post imported post

well a later time and less people....squeak, bookman, ruby, deros, gogodawgs
    interesting
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    well a later time and less people....squeak, bookman, ruby, deros, gogodawgs
    interesting
    The reason I didnt showed up is later time. I have to get up at 2:00 pm so 9:00 am does not work for me, So sorry Deros I couldn't keep my promise 9:00 am does not work for me

Post imported post

Paji!!!!!

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Paji!!!!!
    Yes Paji!!! occasionally I make appearances

Post imported post

After polling those who DID show up I'm moving the time back to 8:00. It seems that the early time isn't the reason others weren't coming. They just don't want to attend, which is okay. After all, it's their life and their decision.

All I ask is that people stop making bogus excuses. "I don't think so. I think I'll sleep in." is a perfectly fine response.

Post imported post

Sorry, but the lawn needs to be mowed. My wife did it the last time so, in all fairness I thought I should do it this time. I do have a Honda mower, so that helps me................................................ .................................................. ........

Post imported post

I like a nice small group and a newbie every month should be our goal. We know who the regulars are and we can expect to see who was there. Everyone is welcome, and everyone has things to do, I truly enjoy getting up early and seeing you gals and guys and having a relaxing conversation. I also appreciate being done early enough to have the full day in front of me.

(squeak...nice to see ya!)
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    Sorry, but the lawn needs to be mowed. My wife did it the last time so, in all fairness I thought I should do it this time. I do have a Honda mower, so that helps me................................................ .................................................. ........
    Rent a goat!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    Squeak wrote:
    Better yet buy one and if you get hungry..........

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Bookman wrote:
    Squeak wrote:
    Better yet buy one and if you get hungry..........
    but then he will have to go back to using the mower and taking time out of his day! Dont eat the goat let it eat all the grass it wants to and enjoy the years without having to mow the yard!
    "And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    E nomine Patri, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti."

"If the rest of the world says: 'War,' I can only say: 'Very well. I do not want war, but no one, however peaceable, can live in peace if his neighbor intends to force a quarrel.'" - Adolf Hitler...

Post imported post

will someone please start an oc meet and greet in yakima starting to feel like my brother and i are the only ones that oc in yakima. i would love to have one in the starbucks here on a saturday or maybe sunday. if there is an oc table at the gun shows please try to make it to the yakima show i know its not as big as the puyallup show but.

Post imported post

rob ral wrote:
    will someone please start an oc meet and greet in yakima starting to feel like my brother and i are the only ones that oc in yakima. i would love to have one in the starbucks here on a saturday or maybe sunday. if there is an oc table at the gun shows please try to make it to the yakima show i know its not as big as the puyallup show but.
    Why don't you start one? I live too far away or I would come. Ijust found this forum last month and have been to 2 meet and greets and the breakfast at Denny's. Good group of folks. I am sure there are others in the area that would be interested. Find a place, Starbucks or otherwise, that is okay with the idea. Then visit your local sporting goods store, range, gun store, etc. and with permission, put up notices about the meet and greet. First you have to set a time and date of course, and no matter what that is, you will not attract some people, everybody has their own schedules. Also bear in mind that summer is just around the corner and people are busy with home projects, yard projects, vacations, etc. Those that are really interested though will come. I have found the gun community to be a friendly group of people for the most part. Also might post if you have a local electronic bulletin board. I'm not familiar with Yakima, so that's the best I could do. Good luck and have fun!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Post imported post

Ruby wrote:
    rob ral wrote:
    Why don't you start one? I live too far away or I would come. Ijust found this forum last month and have been to 2 meet and greets and the breakfast at Denny's. Good group of folks. I am sure there are others in the area that would be interested. Find a place, Starbucks or otherwise, that is okay with the idea. Then visit your local sporting goods store, range, gun store, etc. and with permission, put up notices about the meet and greet. First you have to set a time and date of course, and no matter what that is, you will not attract some people, everybody has their own schedules. Also bear in mind that summer is just around the corner and people are busy with home projects, yard projects, vacations, etc. Those that are really interested though will come. I have found the gun community to be a friendly group of people for the most part. Also might post if you have a local electronic bulletin board. I'm not familiar with Yakima, so that's the best I could do. Good luck and have fun!
    Actually... try this...

Post a new thread about where YOU will be on Saturday at what time...

I will be having coffee at 9am at the Starbucks on Main street....please join me...

People will come...if you build it they will come!
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
    Ruby wrote:
    rob ral wrote:
    Actually... try this...

Post a new thread about where YOU will be on Saturday at what time...

I will be having coffee at 9am at the Starbucks on Main street....please join me...

People will come...if you build it they will come!
    Guess I was going about it the hard way. I like your idea much better, gogo. Or maybe a combination of the two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast