• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd Saturday OC Meet

devildoc5

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Bookman wrote:
Squeak wrote:
Sorry, but the lawn needs to be mowed. My wife did it the last time so, in all fairness I thought I should do it this time. I do have a Honda mower, so that helps me..........................................................................................................

Rent a goat!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
Better yet buy one and if you get hungry..........

but then he will have to go back to using the mower and taking time out of his day! Dont eat the goat let it eat all the grass it wants to and enjoy the years without having to mow the yard!

rob ral

imported post

will someone please start an oc meet and greet in yakima starting to feel like my brother and i are the only ones that oc in yakima. i would love to have one in the starbucks here on a saturday or maybe sunday. if there is an oc table at the gun shows please try to make it to the yakima show i know its not as big as the puyallup show but.

Ruby

imported post

rob ral wrote:
will someone please start an oc meet and greet in yakima starting to feel like my brother and i are the only ones that oc in yakima. i would love to have one in the starbucks here on a saturday or maybe sunday. if there is an oc table at the gun shows please try to make it to the yakima show i know its not as big as the puyallup show but.
Why don't you start one? I live too far away or I would come. Ijust found this forum last month and have been to 2 meet and greets and the breakfast at Denny's. Good group of folks. I am sure there are others in the area that would be interested. Find a place, Starbucks or otherwise, that is okay with the idea. Then visit your local sporting goods store, range, gun store, etc. and with permission, put up notices about the meet and greet. First you have to set a time and date of course, and no matter what that is, you will not attract some people, everybody has their own schedules. Also bear in mind that summer is just around the corner and people are busy with home projects, yard projects, vacations, etc. Those that are really interested though will come. I have found the gun community to be a friendly group of people for the most part. Also might post if you have a local electronic bulletin board. I'm not familiar with Yakima, so that's the best I could do. Good luck and have fun!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ruby wrote:
rob ral wrote:
Why don't you start one? I live too far away or I would come. Ijust found this forum last month and have been to 2 meet and greets and the breakfast at Denny's. Good group of folks. I am sure there are others in the area that would be interested. Find a place, Starbucks or otherwise, that is okay with the idea. Then visit your local sporting goods store, range, gun store, etc. and with permission, put up notices about the meet and greet. First you have to set a time and date of course, and no matter what that is, you will not attract some people, everybody has their own schedules. Also bear in mind that summer is just around the corner and people are busy with home projects, yard projects, vacations, etc. Those that are really interested though will come. I have found the gun community to be a friendly group of people for the most part. Also might post if you have a local electronic bulletin board. I'm not familiar with Yakima, so that's the best I could do. Good luck and have fun!

Actually... try this...

Post a new thread about where YOU will be on Saturday at what time...

I will be having coffee at 9am at the Starbucks on Main street....please join me...

People will come...if you build it they will come!

Ruby

imported post

gogodawgs wrote:
Ruby wrote:
rob ral wrote:

Actually... try this...

Post a new thread about where YOU will be on Saturday at what time...

I will be having coffee at 9am at the Starbucks on Main street....please join me...

People will come...if you build it they will come!
Guess I was going about it the hard way. I like your idea much better, gogo. Or maybe a combination of the two.

rob ral

imported post

thank you guys for the replys i will see what i can do than to get a good date and time. considering the 4th of july is right around the corner

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

rob ral wrote:
thank you guys for the replys i will see what i can do than to get a good date and time. considering the 4th of july is right around the corner

You are making too much of it...

If you are going to have coffee this Saturday then post it, if only 3 guys show...that is good! If more then great!

The first 2nd Saturday group started with me posting Friday night that I was having coffee the next morning at 8am. 12 people showed up! We have been meeting for 5 months now!

The more small groups around the state that meet, the better!

rob ral

imported post

sorry about seeming like i am making too much of it i have never done a group meeting or anything like that.

Ruby

imported post

rob ral wrote:
sorry about seeming like i am making too much of it i have never done a group meeting or anything like that.
It's just another chance to make new friends, gun friends and OC friends at that! Have fun with it and don't take ittoo seriously. It's just coffee and good conversation.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ruby wrote:
rob ral wrote:
It's just another chance to make new friends, gun friends and OC friends at that! Have fun with it and don't take ittoo seriously. It's just coffee and good conversation.

+1

just go have coffee....