• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington City paper and the NRA

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Yeah, it's all the fault of the NRA and all us "gun rights" folks. Nothing about the fact that the District of Columbia is not now and never will be a State and therefore has no constitutional right to a seat in Congress. Heck, if they were really intelligent they would be lobbying for the same status as Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa and the other places that do not have a seat in Congress but also do not have to pay all the taxes the rest of us must pay.

Or of course Congress could sede all the land back to Maryland and let that State deal with the lack of tax income from all the Federal land/activity. Seems Virginia eventually figured out how to do that after the SWquadrant was returned.

What's really telling about the article is the detail given about the internal politicing and rearranging of quid pro quo deals between the various factions. I really need a program to figure out who is in bed with whom, and who is screwing whom even though they are not in bed together. I'd rather get wrapped up in a TV soap opera than figure out DC politics.

The only positive I can see is that the anti's are so wrapped up in their positions tat they are willing to sacrifice "voting rights". Now if the residents of DC would just realize and understand that.

stay safe.

ElW75

imported post

The reporter (and DC council) most likely never bothered to read the constitution. Apparently they can separate the 2nd Amendment from the rest of the bill of rights if given the statehood responsibility a voting member is entitled to.