Thread: Of Camaras And Recorders

Post imported post

Found this at www.keepandbeararms.com today:

http://gizmodo.com/5553765/are-cameras-the-new-guns

Seems the bad cops don't like being caught in the act, and have friends in high places to stop it being revealed. Ever wonder if we are not already living in a police state?

Post imported post

"Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Banned

Post imported post

SFCRetired wrote:
    IANAL, but I do believe that, should this law ever get to SCOTUS, it would be declared unconstitutional on the grounds that a public official performing his duties out in public has no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Of course, y'all can come on down to Alabama, which is a one-party consent state. As long as I know I'm recording, it's legal.
    Not only should they not have an expectation of privacy, they should have an expectation of sunshine.

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:
    IANAL, but I do believe that, should this law ever get to SCOTUS, it would be declared unconstitutional on the grounds that a public official performing his duties out in public has no reasonable expectation of privacy.

Of course, y'all can come on down to Alabama, which is a one-party consent state. As long as I know I'm recording, it's legal.
    Not only should they not have an expectation of privacy, they should have an expectation of sunshine.
    Yes, sunshine, and in an abundant supply. I do think that these states know it will not pass constitutional muster. But that ain't the point. The point is that most people will be afraid to challenge or unable to pay to challenge. The cops pushed for all kinds of photography surveilence of the public to catch bad guys.Ya just gotta love the irony that they are the ones being caught. the truth is that not all cops are bad, i'm sure th good ones are ticked about this too.

I posted this mainly becausesome open carriers also carry recorders and mini cams to film their encounters for defense purposes should that arise. Odd to think that the truth could be so powerful as to be considered prejudicial.

Post imported post

JohnH wrote:
    Found this at http://www.keepandbeararms.com today:

Seems the bad cops don't like being caught in the act, and have friends in high places to stop it being revealed. Ever wonder if we are not already living in a police state?
    This is a Totalitarian, Militarized Police state. Amerika
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Banned

Post imported post

Glock34 wrote:
    JohnH wrote:
    Found this at http://www.keepandbeararms.com today:

This is a Totalitarian, Militarized Police state. Amerika

Banned

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

JohnH wrote:
    eye95 wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:

Yes, sunshine, and in an abundant supply. I do think that these states know it will not pass constitutional muster. But that ain't the point. The point is that most people will be afraid to challenge or unable to pay to challenge. The cops pushed for all kinds of photography surveilence of the public to catch bad guys.Ya just gotta love the irony that they are the ones being caught. the truth is that not all cops are bad, i'm sure th good ones are ticked about this too.

I posted this mainly becausesome open carriers also carry recorders and mini cams to film their encounters for defense purposes should that arise. Odd to think that the truth could be so powerful as to be considered prejudicial.
    Fortunately for us, Alabama is a one party state and specifically excludes from eavesdropping laws places to which the public has access. Tape away!

Post imported post

eye95 wrote:
    SFCRetired wrote:

Pardon my ignorance but what does "IANAL" mean???

Post imported post

I
    Am
    Not
    A
    L
    awyer....

This is a caveat that people put on posts that border on giving legal advice, to let people know that its just an opinion of a layman, not "official" legal interpretation...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Regular Member Brimstone Baritone's Avatar

Post imported post

Don't forget TINLA (This is NOT Legal Advice). Just in case you happen to be a lawyer, you still have a way to CYA.
    There was a time that the pieces fit, but I watched them fall away, mildewed and smoldering, strangled by our coveting. I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing. Doomed to crumble, unless we grow and strengthen our communication. -Tool, "Schism"

Post imported post

Fortunately in CT you can audio and video tape at will.

No notification or consent is required for "in person" recording. Standard consent and notification is required to record telephone calls.

This is great because we know the cops record who they want to anyway. So we can legally turn the tables on them.
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Post imported post

Fortunately in CT you can audio and video tape at will.

No notification or consent is required for "in person" recording. Standard consent and notification is required to record telephone calls.

This is great because we know the cops record who they want to anyway. So we can legally turn the tables on them.
    MCS Precision - Training, Sales, Transfers, Estate Purchases

07 FFL
    NRA Pistol and Rifle Instructor
    NRA Life Member