• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My review of the $20 pen camera

END_THE_FED

imported post

looks pretty damn good for 20 bucks.
How far was your mouth from the pen when you were talking? Does it still sound good if your like 10 feet away or so?

Hammer

imported post

Glad yours worked!
Mine was DOA
Tried 4-5 vids but all I got was the sound. It would seem the CCD is NFG
I wrote 'em a note to get another. Guess I'll find out how good their warranty is....

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sempercarry wrote:
As seen from the camera itself....let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epA0dkjwVDQ

Very nice. I have been looking at the various pen recorders for awhile, as I have decided that is the way to go for myself. I have seen some issues and concerns about missing video or voice particularly on Mac's, but now that I have Windows 7 on the Mac I should be good.

Nice quality picture and voice. Thanks for the timely review.

sempercarry

imported post

I got this from Onesaleaday.com but that site is unique in that it only sells a few items a day at a very low price. You would have to check the site daily to see if it comes back up. I play mine on DivX player...its a free download that I got to play files that wouldnt play or play audio only on windows media player...try that before you return it.

Hammer

imported post

1245A Defender wrote:
mine only made sound if i played back in windows!
i needed to download VLC soft ware to see vid and audio.
My thanks to those who pointed out that the vids don't work with windoze playback software.
I would not have thought there was a difference in .avi files, but there is.
It works great in DivX!

BobR

imported post

Can someone tell me how to set the time on one of these. Kind of a 3rd grade level. :DThe instructions with the pen are just a little bit vague to me.

bob

1245A Defender

imported post

i actually found instructions to set date/time while surfing the interwebs,, but
it said it would only stay "set" while it stayed turned on.
it will then reset to what ever the chip has in it initially.
mine always its 1980.