• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sears and K Mart not OC friendly

dkr

imported post

I've gone to k mart in Racine to pick up my meds.I did not see any posting at the front doors& the employees or pharmacist didn't say any thing while I was oc in the store.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

dkr wrote:
I've gone to k mart in Racine to pick up my meds.I did not see any posting at the front doors& the employees or pharmacist didn't say any thing while I was oc in the store.
There is no requirement to post in Wisconsin, no requirement legal or practical. The proprietor's property right to deny you the privilege of trespass is fundamental and presumed.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

dkr wrote:
Three(3) WCI members were in the K-Mart in La Crosse yesterday afternoon. I didn't find what I wanted, apparently the others did.

Until it is posted or I am directly told not to come back, I will continue to visit AND carry there.

Carry On.

Dustiniac

Banned
imported post

To the guy that said he owns a Trek bicycle, did you know the majority of them are now made in China? Only the really expensive ones are still made here. So if you spent a thouand or more on your Trek, its made here.

hardballer

imported post

Yup, actually, I bought mine 26 years ago when managing a bicycle shop in the area. Had several. One retailed for over $1700.00 at that time, mid 80's.

Bullseye sealed bearing hubs, Campy brakes, gear sets bottom bracket and derailiers, built my own wheels, Blackburn touring racks, etc. spent way too much. All those nice shiny aluminum bits add up fast. Even at cost. Sold it for more than I paid. It was a nice touring rig.

Definitely made in the USA. In Waterloo, Wisconsin as a matter of fact. I have two now. A mountain bike, an 830, which would seem antique now with no shocks and an all steel lugged frame with investment cast lugs, dropouts, bottom bracket and butted frame tubes. The touring bike is similar in construction, a 720, and it is steel too.

I guess I am old school with these. Sadly, Trek began off shoring production on the low end bikes to stay competitive with Schwinn who was made then by Giant.

Trek also owns Gary Fisher, Klein and LeMond now too. Specialized, I think, is made by Merida Japan. Not much made here anymore.

Although, speaking of Kmart, I think you can by a Schwinn there. Having been in the quality retail bike business, That is to say, not selling Huffys, seeing a Schwinn, a once highly respected brand, reduced to an xyz-mart brand is sad to me. That would be like seeing Snap-On tools at Walmart.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Dustiniac wrote:
To the guy that said he owns a Trek bicycle, did you know the majority of them are now made in China? Only the really expensive ones are still made here. So if you spent a thouand or more on your Trek, its made here.
I bought a Trek Fuel EX 5.5 2 years ago for $1300. Was that made in china. I will open carry riding, just have not gotten out this year, yet. Lowes Creek Park, after the picnic, then I can afford to get arrested. Not monetarily, but public image of an OC event organizer. Did not want the press to report....."organized by a man arrested last month on firearm charges"

SCJeffro

imported post

There is another post going in the NEVADA section about being kicked out of Sears for OCing... Keep sending emails and calling their customer service line and complaining! Also, STOP SHOPPING THERE, That is what changes the minds of these companies!

Here is the NV thread,

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum36/45237.html

and one from News and Political alerts

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/45299.html

This guy went and posted his story on probably 8 different gun forums and guess what, Most of the replies he got were "it's their right to kick you out, they have a private business" or "Well my store doesn't have it posted so until they do I am going to keep shopping there" and this was from "Pro Gun" people :banghead:

What part of "united we stand, divided we fall" don't these people understand??

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
There is another post going in the NEVADA section about being kicked out of Sears for OCing...  Keep sending emails and calling their customer service line and complaining! Also, STOP SHOPPING THERE, That is what changes the minds of these companies!

Here is the NV thread,

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=45299&forum_id=4

This guy went and posted his story on probably 8 different gun forums and guess what, Most of the replies he got were "it's their right to kick you out, they have a private business" or "Well my store doesn't have it posted so until they do I am going to keep shopping there" and this was from "Pro Gun" people :banghead:

STOP SHOPPING THERE?????? Nah, not yet. I need some Dremel parts to polish my feed ramp. If I get kicked, then I will stop shopping there. Not all store managers agree with and enforce all company policies.

SCJeffro

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
SCJeffro wrote:
There is another post going in the NEVADA section about being kicked out of Sears for OCing... Keep sending emails and calling their customer service line and complaining! Also, STOP SHOPPING THERE, That is what changes the minds of these companies!

Here is the NV thread,

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/45299.html

STOP SHOPPING THERE?????? Nah, not yet. I need some Dremel parts to polish my feed ramp. If I get kicked, then I will stop shopping there. Not all store managers agree with and enforce all company policies.
A perfect example of a "PRO GUN" person (I assume) willing to support an ANTI GUN business.. :( SAD SAD SAD...

Just so you know, they do sell Dremel parts at many PRO GUN businesses! :quirky

I also saw someone post maybe it is a policy for no guns for employees... Not according to Sears corp offices. According to what the "Director of customer service" told me on the phone (after calling them regarding the email) I was told that Sears (and Kmart being part of Sears Holdings Corp.) have a very strict NO smoking, NO Alcohol and NO Firearms policy. That is, they "DO NOT allow any of the three on their property whether it be Employees or Customers."

Obviously this was a statement and not a written policy but it did come from someone at Sears claiming to be the end all person in the customer service management chain.

hardballer

imported post

Fleet Farm has a large selection of dremel tools. Home Depot's policy is to follow state law. Dremel tools can be found their too. Just do a search. Kmart sucks so does Sears. Period. That is until they change their policy.

They get none of my money. Zero, zip, nada, zilch!

With the economy heading in the direction it is, your dollars will play a big part in just what policy they hold to.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
hardballer wrote:
That would be like seeing Snap-On tools at Walmart.
Or cratfsman tools at KMart?

That is in the realm of possibility. They are both owned by the same company. Kmart went bankrupt, came out of bankruptcy, bought Sears and then changed their name to Sears Holdings.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
hardballer wrote:
That would be like seeing Snap-On tools at Walmart.
Or cratfsman tools at KMart?

That is in the realm of possibility. They are both owned by the same company. Kmart went bankrupt, came out of bankruptcy, bought Sears and then changed their name to Sears Holdings.
It is interesting as to how Kmart came out of Bankruptcy and almost immediately purchased Sears.

if you or I were in Bankruptcy and attempted to purchase say a small business, I am sure the Bankruptcy Court would intervene as that money should go to satisfy debts instead of purchasing assets.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:
SCJeffro wrote:
A perfect example of a "PRO GUN" person (I assume) willing to support an ANTI GUN business.. :( SAD SAD SAD...

Just so you know, they do sell Dremel parts at many PRO GUN businesses! :quirky
I am not going there to SUPPORT a anti-constitutional company. I am going there to push the issue. I can linger long enough to firnd what I am looking for to eventually have a sales person ask to help me find it. "i am looking for a rotary tool attachment to polish the feedramp on my handgun" <point> :what:IF I get kicked out, They will get a letter from me.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

And then, you DON'T have to buy it there. "Oh, WOW, that's more than I thought, so I guess I won't be getting this today, but thank you for your help."

Head for the door.