• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sears and K Mart not OC friendly

johnny amish

imported post

Dear sir,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience you
have experienced and understand your frustration with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores.

With regard to your suggestion that Sears change its policy regarding
weapons in the workplace, Sears has no intention of doing so at this
time as we remain focused on providing a safe shopping and work
environment for our customers and associates

Once again, we apologize for your experience with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores. We appreciate your business, and value you as a
customer. We certainly hope you will continue to make Sears Holdings
Corporation your choice for quality and value.

Sincerely,
Brooke G.
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation
WTF, they both sold guns in the past, K Mart still sells ammo. So when there is no profit there is no freedom.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

johnny amish wrote:
Dear sir,

Thank you for your recent correspondence. We are always interested in
hearing from our customers, and regret it was this type of situation
that prompted you to contact us. We apologize for the inconvenience you
have experienced and understand your frustration with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores.

With regard to your suggestion that Sears change its policy regarding
weapons in the workplace, Sears has no intention of doing so at this
time as we remain focused on providing a safe shopping and work
environment for our customers and associates

Once again, we apologize for your experience with firearms not being
allowed in Sears stores. We appreciate your business, and value you as a
customer. We certainly hope you will continue to make Sears Holdings
Corporation your choice for quality and value.

Sincerely,
Brooke G.
Retail Customer Care
Sears Holdings Corporation
WTF, they both sold guns in the past, K Mart still sells ammo. So when there is no profit there is no freedom.
looks like I get to start treating Sears & Kmart like I treat walmart....like they don't even exist. Maybe we should organize a protest & picket both companies ? not on the same day

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Kwik Trip MAY not be OC friendly afterall. I had a situation with a KT employee which provided me with a company document. I will post more after I consult with WCI BOD.

There was an LEO in the store, but the employee said he was not aware the LEO was even in the store until I left. Yes, I did go back and talk again with him.

Canard

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
looks like I get to start treating Sears & Kmart like I treat walmart....like they don't even exist.

I thought WalMart had a "follow state law" policy.

This is a copied Michigan thread in the Kentucky thread.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/34707.html

I had seen something like this in the WI section but could not find it.

Of course maybe you just don't like WalMart, OC friendly or not.

Canard

imported post

BROKENSPROKET wrote:
Kwik Trip MAY not be OC friendly afterall. I had a situation with a KT employee which provided me with a company document. I will post more after I consult with WCI BOD.

Was the document regarding employee policy or general policies of the store and it's customers? Many OC friendly stores still have policies against employees carrying even though they allow customers to follow state law.

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

Canard wrote:
BROKENSPROKET wrote:

Was the document regarding employee policy or general policies of the store and it's customers? Many OC friendly stores still have policies against employees carrying even though they allow customers to follow state law.
That is the way I read it, it applies to employees, not customers. I scanned it, and wrote a post with all the details, but I could not upload it, file size was too large. Now, I have to go on an off-topic tangent. When Logan put out his pamphlet in an editable format, I took it and worked on it. I uploaded version after version, then all of a sudden, I could not upload them anymore. No matter what I attempt to upload, I get file size error message. That alone frustrates me 100 times more than trolls. I think that WCI members, who have doc's too large to upload, hosted by WCI and a link providedtothe poster to post.

Back on topic. I sent it to Hubert, whom I will see today.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Canard wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
looks like I get to start treating Sears & Kmart like I treat walmart....like they don't even exist.

I thought WalMart had a "follow state law" policy.

This is a copied Michigan thread in the Kentucky thread.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum25/34707.html

I had seen something like this in the WI section but could not find it.

Of course maybe you just don't like WalMart, OC friendly or not.
BINGO !!! I don't like Chinamart.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
BINGO !!!   I don't like Chinamart.

So, where are you buying all these 'Made in USA' stuff?

What's wrong supporting an American based company that pays dividends to American shareholders and provides over 1 million American jobs?

hardballer

imported post

paul@paul-fisher.com wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

What's wrong supporting an American based company that pays dividends to American shareholders and provides over 1 million American jobs?

The issue here is not whether Walmart sells American made items, which would be great if you could find enough of them to fill a Walmart, and even if you could, no one would buy them because the would be too expensive. That is unless you can find Americans that willingly work for 50 cents a day that aren't incarcerated. good luck.

The point here is that these companies send you a nice letter telling you that their policy is more important than your Constitutional Right. The laughingly state this is for the safety of their customers. We know different.

The best thing that could happen is an incident that could be litigated. Sue them into the ground due to their myopic, liberal policy. They flat out did not protect you and in fact may have caused you great bodily harm due in entirely to their obtuse, restrictive, un-Constitutional policy.

I don't know how many folks open carry in Wisconsin but they are not all standing up. If you really want to change things, get in SEARS/Kmart's face.
Stop buying stuff from them. Tell them how you feel. Including your feelings concerning their bull---- letter.

Sears can kiss my azz and the same goes for KMart who owns sears. They can kiss my dollars goodbye. This is the best way to hurt them. They will not change things until it hurts.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Glock34 wrote:

employ 1 million at lets say 8.00 per hour, with crappy benefits. partially Responsible for putting 10 million Americans out of work that were getting paid 17.00 - 30.00 an hour with good benefits & stock options. Thanks walmart, Kmart, Sears, Target, Nafta, Cafta.

get my American made shoes at Famous footwear & places besides the above mentioned business. You could too, but that would involve doing business at places other than Wallyworld & spending a little more.

1FASTC4

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

employ 1 million at lets say 8.00 per hour, with crappy benefits. partially Responsible for putting 10 million Americans out of work that were getting paid 17.00 - 30.00 an hour with good benefits & stock options. Thanks walmart, Kmart, Sears, Target, Nafta, Cafta.

get my American made shoes at Famous footwear & places besides the above mentioned business. You could too, but that would involve doing business at places other than Wallyworld & spending a little more.
How's the koolaid taste?

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

employ 1 million at lets say 8.00 per hour, with crappy benefits.  partially Responsible for putting  10 million Americans out of work that were getting paid 17.00 - 30.00 an hour with good benefits & stock options. Thanks walmart, Kmart, Sears, Target, Nafta, Cafta.

How's the koolaid taste?

I usually do not shop at WalMart and usually go to local vendors unless there is a big difference in price or quality. For example, I go to Sorgs for my meat. You meet the cow and point what piece you want and 5 minutes later it's butchered. I am being a little dramatic but not much.

I look at labels and try to make sure that I buy WI or at least US sourced when possible. I go to farmers markets and try to eat at local retaurants. The Elk restaurant is one of my favorites. If I eat at a chain, I try to make sure it is one that is locally owned like the Cousins in Elkhorn which is owned by the guy behind the counter and Cousins is a WI based corporation. I stay away from BK because mine is owned by Heartland plus BK Corporate, I believe is British. The 3 local Culvers are owned by the son of a guy that goes to my church and once again Culvers is a WI company.

Anyhow, my daughter works at WalMart and has decent benefits.

johnny amish

imported post

I have to agree with you hardballer. We need to send e-mails out today and let them know of there hypocrisy, guns are good when they make a profit, otherwise leave them home. KMart still sells ammo, which side of the fence are they on?If they don't want to support the constitution and the law then then I sureas hell don't want to support them. There are a lot of other places out there who support us and I'll spend my dollars there.E-mails sent today, I can't wait to see if they respond.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

1FASTC4 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

How's the koolaid taste?
it's good, I just wish others like you also drank from the America Kool aid fountain of wisdom...the stuff opens your eyes to reality & makes you hate or greatly dislike buying non American made items. I drive an American made vehicle, I go to great lengths to buy American made items, but I refuse to give any of my money to the biggest importer of Non American made goods. Try the kool aid, it might give you back American pride, which so many have lost over the years.

paul@paul-fisher.com

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I drive an American made vehicle

A Toyota, Subaru, BMW, Mercedes Benz? These are all American made vehicles where the Ford Fusion is made in Mexico.

What American made vehicle do you drive?

hardballer

imported post

I drive a Ford F150 4x4. I wear a Stetson Cowboy hat and an AMT 1911 with Winchester or Remington Ammo and a CRKT M16. I run Milwaukee power tools. Stihl Chainsaws. I own Trek bicycles. All made in the USA. Some are not any longer though. Sad.

I make my own Kydex/Leather Hybrid holsters right here in America. I either grow my own food or purchase it locally. Fruit from California or Florida usually. If it says imported, I avoid it.

I do not buy Heinz or Sara Lee, Gateway Computers, Geico, Dannon, products, ever I wouldn't wipe my a-- with Time magazine and Disney sucks and you couldn't give me a pair of Levi's for any money. Anti-Gun, anti Constitution, the lot. There's a bunch of others too. I Don't watch broadcast or commercial cable TV either.

If I can, I will do without before I purchase an offshore or South of the border product. Sometimes it is unavoidable but I do my best. Electronics is more difficult or impossible. TVs, DVD players, phones, recorders, computers, etc. are no longer made here.

There is more to this carrying a gun thing then just straping up. Our adversaries ARE out to get us. They use every means to impune our character, ideals and our beliefs. If we don't fight back soon, it will be later than you think.

Hardballer out.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

Oldest to newest;
1975 Chevy Corvette (6.2 MPG)
1980 Chevy Blazer K-5 4WD (22MPG)
1984 Chevy Suburban 3/4-ton 4WD (7.5 MPG)
1985 Jeep Cherokee (made in Kenosha WI)
2003 Chevy Tahoe 5.3L 4WD (21 MPG)
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD with the 5.3L H.O. aluminum-block Engine with a Flowmaster exhaust and K&N Intake kit sitting on 33" pro-comp M/T tires. (19 MPG)
And it tows our both out American made "United Cargo Trailer" made in Indiana, and my BBQ-Pit made in San Angelo Texas and our Bobcat S-130 loader which is made in North Dakota

Plus I shoot a Ruger Revolver, A Springfield Auto, mossberg shotguns, savage & Remington rifles. And I do not purchase gasoline from "British Petroleum" (AKA BP):cuss:

M

McX

imported post

1985 lincoln town car- in storage, museum quality.
1988 F-150 aka: Mr. Leaky
1982 Ford Bronco aka Mr. Plow
2002 ( i think) Ford Mustang oldests' car
2002 Ford Excursion (wife's ride)

other vehicles are foreign makes.

I've got american made boat engines, and jap bikes.

added on edit; 2nd oldest drives a 1985 Dodge RamCharger.

hardballer

imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Oldest to newest;
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD with the 5.3L  H.O. aluminum-block Engine with a Flowmaster exhaust and K&N Intake kit sitting on 33" pro-comp M/T tires. (19 MPG)
And it tows our both out American made "United Cargo Trailer" made in Indiana, and my BBQ-Pit made in San Angelo Texas and our Bobcat S-130 loader which is made in North Dakota

Plus I shoot a Ruger Revolver, A Springfield Auto, mossberg shotguns, savage & Remington rifles. And I do not purchase gasoline from "British Petroleum" (AKA BP):cuss: 

YUP!~ No gas from BP or CITGO. Chavez can masticate excrement and expire ...

Oh yeah. . . AMT, Remington, Mossberg, Ruger, Smith&Wesson and Colt.

Hey, You guys could start a car lot.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Nutczak wrote:

Oldest to newest;
2005 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD with the 5.3L H.O. aluminum-block Engine with a Flowmaster exhaust and K&N Intake kit sitting on 33" pro-comp M/T tires. (19 MPG)

5 words-"Built with globally resourced parts"

At least the GM trucks are.:banghead: