• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chevron at the 186 exit apparently doesn't want my business anymore...

DJDD

imported post

I stopped at my normal gas station on the way home tonight and was informed that the owner does not want me carrying while in his store. He would like me to leave my gun in the truck while I'm there. I informed the girl at the counter that people have been known to break into cars for much less than a gun and that I will not leave mine unattended. She asked for my name, I gave it to her and informed her that because of this I will not be purchasing anything there, whatsoever.

I plan on stopping by tomorrow and leaving a letter for the owner stating that I will not be purchasing anything there until he changes his policy. Just to let you know, I spend quite a bit there each month. I just totaled up my expenditures for that gas station alone for the past 6 months, $720 is what I spent just on my debit card, does not include cash or credit card purchases.

I am extremely unhappy with this as I am friends with a couple of people that work there and they have NEVER had a problem with me carrying. :cuss:

For those who wish to inform the station owner of his mistake, here is the contact information you will need.

Dennis Morris
Morris Chevron
1677 Highway 31 N
Prattville, AL 36067-6826
(334) 365-2104

AirBear

imported post

Thanks for passing this information along.

I'm sure your decision to abstain from any further business with this establishment will be supported by all those in this area. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for standing strong on your rights.

This reminds me of a similar incident that happened to me at a local bank. Withdrew all my deposits before the day was over. Bank president said "I didn't know you were that serious." Went to several other banks in town and asked their policy on guns being carried by customers. Wachovia said their policy prohibited it. Colonial never got back to me before the end of the next day.

Regions said glad to have your business, guns don't bother us, you're welcome in here any time. Regions has my business now. Edward Jones also is a gun friendly place and has done well by me.

steveman01

imported post

AirBear wrote:
Regions said glad to have your business, guns don't bother us, you're welcome in here any time. Regions has my business now. Edward Jones also is a gun friendly place and has done well by me.

Thanks, cause I'm in the process of dumping Wachovia now, and was looking for a bank that would not discriminate against me.I OC'd there for months with not one problem, then they got a new teller and she wigged out. The manager was honest and said she did not know what the policy was, then told me she would look into it and let me know next time. They let me finish my business while OC'n, but next week a brand new "no revolvers allowed" signappeared. (funny cause I carry a Beretta 92) I hate to do it over something so simple cause they were an awesome bank, butI will not stand for it.

I've had zero problems out of the chevron in Albertville, but the Schell in Guntersville is a different story, They refused to sell me anything unless I disarmed myself. I wonder if they refuse to serve criminals while at gun point. :banghead:

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

steveman01 wrote:
AirBear wrote:

Thanks, cause I'm in the process of dumping Wachovia now, and was looking for a bank that would not discriminate against me.I OC'd there for months with not one problem, then they got a new teller and she wigged out. The manager was honest and said she did not know what the policy was, then told me she would look into it and let me know next time. They let me finish my business while OC'n, but next week a brand new "no revolvers allowed" signappeared. (funny cause I carry a Beretta 92) I hate to do it over something so simple cause they were an awesome bank, butI will not stand for it.

I've had zero problems out of the chevron in Albertville, but the Schell in Guntersville is a different story, They refused to sell me anything unless I disarmed myself. I wonder if they refuse to serve criminals while at gun point. :banghead:

That's a good argument to make to the next person.

YOU: "You refuse service to mebecause I'marmed?"

Cashier: "yes"

YOU: "How well does that line work when you're being robbed?"

Cashier: "um.... uh.....um..... It doesn't...."

YOU: I'll go to your rival gas station across the street. Bye."

geojohn

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:

That's a good argument to make to the next person.

YOU: "You refuse service to mebecause I'marmed?"

Cashier: "yes"

YOU: "How well does that line work when you're being robbed?"

Cashier: "um.... uh.....um..... It doesn't...."

YOU: I'll go to your rival gas station across the street. Bye."
Even worse, many businesses even make cooperating with robbers their policy. So law abiding gun owners get asked to leave, and robbers get handed the contents of the cash register. Crazy.

jaiotu

imported post

It's totally the station owner's right to refuse your business. Funny how it's not "PC" to refuse someone's business on the basis of race or religion, but refusing someone's business because they exercise their 2nd amendment right is just fine.

Anyway, I respect a business owner's right to do business on their own terms. I also respect the consumer's right to refuse to do business with that business owner. I'll right the fellow a letter. I've done business their myself, and (while I don't OC) I won't be doing business there again. Ridiculous that a few millimeters of fabric between my CC and your OC make so much of a difference.

On a side note... I used to work for Regions. Funny that they'll do business with someone who's OCing, but not with someone wearing a hat. Seriously. They won't let you conduct business while you're head is covered. Okay... they probably would, but they have a notice at the entry telling you to remove your hat.

eye95

imported post

I wonder how the owner would react if a bunch of us OCed and pumped gas? Would he let us come inside and pay? Or, would we get free gas?

This place is just down the street from this Saturday's Alabama Starbucks.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I was just struck by what should be an obvious notion..

People who place prejudices above business, are not conducting 'business as they see fit.' They are prioritizing their hate above business.

This is what broke Capitalism; failing to do it right, putting idiocy above profit.

Be 'in business' or don't be. Pick one, or the consumers will pick for you! This gambit of sabotaging the economy to teach us peasants that we're at the mercy of these businesses was lots of fun...

Anyway, /tangent

B1911

imported post

AirBear wrote:
Thanks for passing this information along.

I'm sure your decision to abstain from any further business with this establishment will be supported by all those in this area. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for standing strong on your rights.

This reminds me of a similar incident that happened to me at a local bank. Withdrew all my deposits before the day was over. Bank president said "I didn't know you were that serious." Went to several other banks in town and asked their policy on guns being carried by customers. Wachovia said their policy prohibited it. Colonial never got back to me before the end of the next day.

dont think I can count this but I'm a member of AOD and I carried inside and had to wait in line the better part of 30mins and OC the whole time....and I did draw ALOT of attention because of my XD-M but it was shrugged off because I was in my security uniform still : \