Thread: Inter/Intra state gun sales

Post imported post

First...I apologize for asking this...cuz I know I've seen it addressed...but I need an answer for my son pretty quick.

My son lives in Missouri, the gun lives in Kansas. IF my son goes to where the gun lives and conducts the transaction there will that suffice as far as the transaction goes?

Or does my son have to conduct the transaction through an FFL dealer regardless?

Accomplished Advocate

Post imported post

Your question is worded in such a way as to ask for legal advice, something only a lawyer can do.

IMHO when the transfer of a firearm is crossing state lines, the use of an FFL must be employed under federal law, I would do it no other way myself.

Information available on the BATF's web space will likely lend itself to you coming to the same conclusion as well.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Post imported post

Understood. After looking at Kansas state laws on gun sales...I saw nothing specifically prohibiting it...however, I think common sense should prevail in this instance and utilize an FFL. Thanks again.