• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inter/Intra state gun sales

randyj

imported post

First...I apologize for asking this...cuz I know I've seen it addressed...but I need an answer for my son pretty quick.

My son lives in Missouri, the gun lives in Kansas. IF my son goes to where the gun lives and conducts the transaction there will that suffice as far as the transaction goes?

Or does my son have to conduct the transaction through an FFL dealer regardless?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Your question is worded in such a way as to ask for legal advice, something only a lawyer can do.

IMHO when the transfer of a firearm is crossing state lines, the use of an FFL must be employed under federal law, I would do it no other way myself.

Information available on the BATF's web space will likely lend itself to you coming to the same conclusion as well.

randyj

imported post

Understood. After looking at Kansas state laws on gun sales...I saw nothing specifically prohibiting it...however, I think common sense should prevail in this instance and utilize an FFL. Thanks again.