• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marysville Stop

kyleplusitunes

imported post

sent this to the chief

Over the weekend a few law abiding gun owners were harassed and threatened with arrest, knowingly in violation of the law.

I was absolutely heartbroken to find out that one of these officers was not only an officer of the law, but the Asst. Police Chief!

Is corruption overtaking your town, or is this situation being handled?

Here is a list of laws I believe were broken, and will be doing some citizen investigating into this further, your response would be greatly appriciated.

752.11 Upholding or enforcing the law; duty of public officials.
Sec. 1.
Any public official, appointed or elected, who is responsible for enforcing or upholding any law of this state and who wilfully and knowingly fails to uphold or enforce the law with the result that any person's legal rights are denied is guilty of a misdemeanor.

750.478 Willful neglect of duty; public officer or person holding public trust or employment; penalty.
Sec. 478.
When any duty is or shall be enjoined by law upon any public officer, or upon any person holding any public trust or employment, every willful neglect to perform such duty, where no special provision shall have been made for the punishment of such delinquency, constitutes a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 1 year or a fine of not more than $1,000.00.

"...We were then approached by 3 officers, one out of uniform..." And the other two were aware of Buckmaster's actions,but never stepped in against him? Sounds like this to me,

750.157a Conspiracy to commit offense or legal act in illegal manner; penalty.
Sec. 157a.
Any person who conspires together with 1 or more persons to commit an offense prohibited by law, or to commit a legal act in an illegal manner is guilty of the crime of conspiracy punishable as provided herein:
(a) Except as provided in paragraphs (b), (c) and (d) if commission of the offense prohibited by law is punishable by imprisonment for 1 year or more, the person convicted under this section shall be punished by a penalty equal to that which could be imposed if he had been convicted of committing the crime he conspired to commit and in the discretion of the court an additional penalty of a fine of $10,000.00 may be imposed.
(b) Any person convicted of conspiring to violate any provision of this act relative to illegal gambling or wagering or any other acts or ordinances relative to illegal gambling or wagering shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than $10,000.00, or both such fine and imprisonment.
(c) If commission of the offense prohibited by law is punishable by imprisonment for less than 1 year, except as provided in paragraph (b), the person convicted under this section shall be imprisoned for not more than 1 year nor fined more than $1,000.00, or both such fine and imprisonment.
(d) Any person convicted of conspiring to commit a legal act in an illegal manner shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than 5 years or by a fine of not more than $10,000.00, or both such fine and imprisonment in the discretion of the court.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

scot623 wrote:
SNIP...we asked to file a formal complaint to which we were told "we don't have any forms"... Not being able to file a complaint against a police officer is a very big deal. This is by no means over with.
Even if the copshad a form to fill out, I would not use it--too easy for them to channel the communication and ideas todisadvantage. I would write my own.

Wehave a First Amendment right to petition the government for redress of grievances.[suP]1[/suP] A formal written complaint to government about government falls into this category. No sense waitingfor the government tomake a form, the omission of whichwould tend, ifawaited, to restrict the 1A right to petition.

Police seem to like keeping things verbal in order to avoid a paper trail. Paper makes them face it. Verbal means it can be forgotten. As the saying goes, "If it isn't written, it isn't true." Paper also establishes a record in case they do it again. Establishing a pattern of conduct seems to help civil rights lawsuits.

1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. (emphasis added by Citizen)

http://topics.law.cornell.edu/constitution/billofrights#amendmenti

Vmaxx

imported post

I've listen to this a couple times now, I knew some officers had ego's but dam. This man thinks hes above the laws hes enforcing!

I agree what can we do? I hate to see all these small towns lose money through law suits only to raise the taxes of the citizens to pay for there arrogance

Now that this officer knowingly lies & it’s on tape do you think he should be trusted in a court of law giving his word? Just my .02 but his creditability is gone.

Ruckus

imported post

(OC'er a 2:37)"Under what law are you saying we can't carry here? What MCL are we breaking?"

(LEO @2:40): "Ya know what? You can take all your mumbo jumbo..."

Mumbo jumbo? Really? Really?! WTF!!! Ludicrous.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

In situations like this you should probably leave but arrange to have the next OC tag team show up with better video and more eyewitnesses. I can image 6 or seven sets of OC'ers showing up at various times at the festivities. Then when it is all over all harassed parties can file their civil rights violation claims.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

how about a 6/19 or 6/20 picnic in marysville?  i  know there is a gander mountain event that weekend, but it's at 11am, so those who want should still be able to make to up to marysville.

Marysville Municipal Park, Marysville, Michigan 48040, United States, 48040

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Im in for a picnic too. This needs to be made public, Its up to the OCers involved of course, but if its not detrimental in any way to your plans, perhaps the media and radio should be informed of the picnic if there is one.

scot623

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
how about a 6/19 or 6/20 picnic in marysville?  i  know there is a gander mountain event that weekend, but it's at 11am, so those who want should still be able to make to up to marysville.

Lets keep this thread on point. Sprinklerguy28, RandyK and I are the coordinator team for the region...we'll start a new thread for the future plans in Marysville.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

scot623 wrote:
how about a 6/19 or 6/20 picnic in marysville? i know there is a gander mountain event that weekend, but it's at 11am, so those who want should still be able to make to up to marysville.

Lets keep this thread on point. Sprinklerguy28, RandyK and I are the coordinator team for the region...we'll start a new thread for the future plans in Marysville.

are you coordinators for OCDO or MOC?

i think a marysville picnic is relevent to a conversation about marysville

scot623

imported post

scot623 wrote:

are you coordinators for OCDO or MOC?

i think a marysville picnic is relevent to a conversation about marysville

So true. My vote would be for the 20th. Continue planning gentleman.