Thread: Los Angeles South Bay Open Carry Interest

Post imported post

Hi Everyone,
    I am seeking individuals living in the South Bay of Los Angeles (Beach Cities, Torrance, etc...) that wish to help promote UOC in our area.

Currently the area is very anti-gun and getting a CCW license is virtually impossible. I believe it is important that those of us that can, exercise our rights to UOC in a manner which will show we are responsible community oriented individuals.

If you are or know anyone whom lives in the South Bay area and would like to get more information or join us in our efforts please visit http://www.SouthBayOpenCarry.org.

Any ideas or volunteers would be greatly appreciated!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

hgreen wrote:
    Hi Everyone,
    I am seeking individuals living in the South Bay of Los Angeles (Beach Cities, Torrance, etc...) that wish to help promote UOC in our area.

Currently the area is very anti-gun and getting a CCW license is virtually impossible. I believe it is important that those of us that can, exercise our rights to UOC in a manner which will show we are responsible community oriented individuals.

If you are or know anyone whom lives in the South Bay area and would like to get more information or join us in our efforts please visit http://www.SouthBayOpenCarry.org.

Any ideas or volunteers would be greatly appreciated!
    Try to find a nice family friendly place and hold a nice get together - brief the attendees that its a get together, a social event, not a "protest," "march," "demonstration," or any other martial term that shows weakness and generates the wrong message.

Post imported post

I agree with Mike,

Make sure no one ever calls it a "protest". I do not recall the code #, but there is a penal code that says to the effect, that you can not be armed while protesting.

We are just a group of friends and like minded individuals who meet up and talk about all sorts of things. We are just going about our daily lives, and which to support the 2A Rights and be able to protect ourselves and our families if and when the needs comes.

Post imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
    I agree with Mike,

Make sure no one ever calls it a "protest".¬* I do not recall the code #, but there is a penal code that says to the effect, that you can not be armed while protesting.

We are just a group of friends and like minded¬* individuals who meet up and talk about all sorts of things.¬* We are just going about our daily lives, and which to support the 2A Rights and be able to protect ourselves and our families if and when the needs comes.
    ¬*¬*
    Great advice! We actually would like to aim at doing community service oriented events before doing anything resembling a protest. We want to ease people into seeing OCers in the area in a positive light rather than an inflammatory context.

I live in Hermosa Beach so am thinking of things like trash cleanup along the strand or near-by streets, helping existing organizations with things like free meals for elderly/needy, etc..

If people know of any organizations that might be open to us joining them let me know!

Post imported post

Iopencarry wrote:
    I do not recall the code #, but there is a penal code that says to the effect, that you can not be armed while protesting.
    I've seen the PC to which you are referring. It prohibits carrying at labor strikes. Otherwise, armed "protest" is GTG as far as the letter of the law is concerned.

Post imported post

check out this link and all their videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1szBx...eature=related