• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meijer Deli Counter Conversation

Savage.Detroit

imported post

I was at the Meijer deli counter when a young lady asked me if I had a CCW. I informed her that yes, I have a CPL. She then told me if I knew I was brandishing and that was illegal in Michigan. At this point, I thought I was dealing with a anti but turned out she was misinformed and thought she was helping me.

I kept it cool and informed her that what I was doing was called "open carry". She did know something about open carry because she made a reference to OC in Texas (2nd time I have heard someone say that OC was allowed in Texas but from what I understand it no longer is). She said she didn't think we had that law in Michigan because her brother always is asking her when he CCs if he is showing because he is scared of a brandishing charge. I told her that a lot of misinformation still goes around about brandishing and OC in general but that OC has been legal for a long while.

I let her know about MOC and some of the information meetings we put on. I didn't have a tri-fold (bad I know) but I did find one of those business cards in my car and gave her one. She thanked me and stated that OC just seems so much easier.

kryptonian

imported post

ex texas cop here and he's right..OC never allowed but you can have a loaded rifle or shotgun hence the gunrack.
what the meijer deli girl didn't tell you is in the last hour until they close they sell the extra stuff they cut up at half price.