• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ammo in this state

dirtykoala

imported post

I just picked up 250 rounds from the local range. Now I'm waiting for a gunshow, gonna get there as early as possible.

Rich Keagy

imported post

I make my own. I can get all the components I want at a wholesaler in the City of Covina. I've got lots.
If you want to get into reloading, feel free to ask me.
If you just need a box or two, I'll help you out.
You can also try Wal-Mart.

halo6941

imported post

im alittle hesitant about using reloads. 2 reasons. one is if i use reloads and something happenes and i have to send it back it voids the warrenty, I know thats rare to happen tho. two i was using a 9mm glock I rented at the range and used reloaded ammo and on one of my last shots the back of the casing split when it was fired and jammed the gun. the range hd to use a flathead screw driver to get it open

KAISER-MAN

imported post

The reloading is the only way to go. I haven't bought ammo in 15 years. The start up cost will pay for itself in no time. When you first get started it will seem a little intimidating but I don't know anybody that started reloading and quit, because the reloading was so difficult. I can sit down and reload 250 rounds of 45 acp in about a half an hour. In the winter I just clean brass and reload. When the weather gets good I've got all the ammo I need. Places like Dillon on the web will show you what you'll need to get started. Try it! You'll never buy ammo again.

KAISER-MAN

Rich Keagy

imported post

I've reloaded for decades (yes, I'm old). It's a fun hobby and is as safe as you want it to be.
Before I discovered case gauges, I got a fat reload jammed in my barrel. An experienced hand managed to get it unjammed.
$7.00 vs. $20.00 (varies) per 50 makes the decision easy for me.
WalMart in Riverside often has .45 ACP.
Good luck my friend.

Rich Keagy

imported post

Now, that's the spirit! Glad to hear it!
You can find a lot of reloading info, and I mean a lot, at m1911.org and 1911forum.com.
Feel free to contact me.