• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My first 4 days OC

Jamullinsrocks

imported post

On Thursday I went to Buds in Lex and purchased my first handgun, a Beretta 92fs, and I love it. I took it out and about in my serpa and had no issues anywhere I went in or around lex. I visited a Starbucks, Walmart, Krystal burger in Richmond, and a new outdoors store in lex (I don't remember the name).

I came back home (Erlanger) Friday and have walked my dogs the past two days ocing, and the only thing any one has said is "nice gun". Been fun and plan to keep it up.

hotrod

imported post

Jamullinsrocks wrote:
On Thursday I went to Buds in Lex and purchased my first handgun, a Beretta 92fs, and I love it. I took it out and about in my serpa and had no issues anywhere I went in or around lex. I visited a Starbucks, Walmart, Krystal burger in Richmond, and a new outdoors store in lex (I don't remember the name).

I came back home (Erlanger) Friday and have walked my dogs the past two days ocing, and the only thing any one has said is "nice gun". Been fun and plan to keep it up.
Congrats. You know Bud's also has a large store in Paris and can be seen online at http://www.budsgunshop.com. I have purchased at least 10 handguns from Buds. You also have a great gun shop at the corner of Lloyds Ave and Turfway in Florence. I've purchased several there also in. Just purchased one there two weeks ago

hotrod

imported post

gutshot wrote:
hotrod wrote:
Jamullinsrocks wrote:

Congrats. You know Bud's also has a large store in Paris and can be seen online at http://www.budsgunshop.com. I have purchased at least 10 handguns from Buds. You also have a great gun shop at the corner of Lloyds Ave and Turfway in Florence. I've purchased several there also in. Just purchased one there two weeks ago
Hotrod, the link you posted is for Bud's in Lexington. The Paris store is now called Jet Guns and their website is http://www.jetguns.com.
I know the new owner and when he bought out Bud he said that Bud would not open or compete in the firearms business. Sorry for the incorrect info and thanks for the new info.

Tribunal Power

imported post

I've been OCing for two days now, which includes probably around 10 trips to Walmart for stuff regardingour anniversary (one year of marriage! :D ) and have had no issues. I'll be OCing today when we go to Elizabethtown for the mall and Olive Garden.

So far the only person who has even really seemed to notice was a delightful old fellow who smiled and made a gun motion with his hand in a greeting form. He had ammunition in his cart, so I assume he's a fan of carrying. He had plenty of folds that he could be concealing a deadly weapon in. >_>

It's been two years since I've left the home without a weapon. First it was a knife, then a telescoping 26" baton. Now that I live in KY, it's my wonderful handgun. :p

neuroblades

imported post

Tribunal Power wrote:
It's been two years since I've left the home without a weapon. First it was a knife, then a telescoping 26" baton. Now that I live in KY, it's my wonderful handgun. :p

Please don't take his as a smarta** post, it's not. I read the part about the 26" baton. If you haven't already, you might want to check the law in specific in reference to that. If you have a CCDW then there's no issue but if you don't currently hold a CCDW then you might be in violation of KRS, especially if you've got that concealed and without a CCDW.

Would rather be safe than sorry and read about a fellow OC'ers getting rolled over something like this.

Tribunal Power

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
Tribunal Power wrote:

Please don't take his as a smarta** post, it's not. I read the part about the 26" baton. If you haven't already, you might want to check the law in specific in reference to that. If you have a CCDW then there's no issue but if you don't currently hold a CCDW then you might be in violation of KRS, especially if you've got that concealed and without a CCDW.

Would rather be safe than sorry and read about a fellow OC'ers getting rolled over something like this.
I'm reasonably sure that a baton is not a deadly weapon. And if it is, I wore it on my belt anyway. Maybe it's legal, maybe not, but it's better than a knife, which IS a deadly weapon. And if the law tells me I can't carry that, quite frankly, oh well. I lived in the Chicagoland area. I'd rather be tried by twelve men than carried by six.

I don't mean to be melodramatic, but I've been involved in enough incidents to know it's easier to deal with a cop who doesn't like me having a weapon than a crook who likes that I'm unarmed. I just try to keep that as legal as possible. :p

And in any event, it's pretty much a non-issue now that I OC.

neuroblades

imported post

Tribunal Power wrote:
neuroblades wrote:
Tribunal Power wrote:

I'm reasonably sure that a baton is not a deadly weapon. And if it is, I wore it on my belt anyway. Maybe it's legal, maybe not, but it's better than a knife, which IS a deadly weapon. And if the law tells me I can't carry that, quite frankly, oh well. I lived in the Chicagoland area. I'd rather be tried by twelve men than carried by six.

I don't mean to be melodramatic, but I've been involved in enough incidents to know it's easier to deal with a cop who doesn't like me having a weapon than a crook who likes that I'm unarmed. I just try to keep that as legal as possible. :p

KRS 500.080 - The baton, as well as, many other objects are, under KRS, listed as a Deadly Weapon.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/500-00/080.PDF

Tribunal Power

imported post

neuroblades wrote:
Tribunal Power wrote:
neuroblades wrote:
Tribunal Power wrote:

KRS 500.080 - The baton, as well as, many other objects are, under KRS, listed as a Deadly Weapon.

http://www.lrc.state.ky.us/KRS/500-00/080.PDF

Wow. I stand corrected and somewhat bewildered. Well, technically I 'OC'ed it, as it was usually in a nylon holster on my belt. >: D

Sheesh. Never thought I'd see that, though. Well, if I ever need to carry my baton again for some reason, maybe I should just get a steel cane of comprable length. xD It's like hiding a weapon in plain sight!

neuroblades

imported post

Exactly. Even more believable and less likely to draw attention a solid Oak, Hickory or some true hard wood"walking stick". ;)

The "walking stick" is also allowed onboard commercial aircraft with the right excuse.