Thread: After incorporation?

Post imported post

All the peopel smarter thanI seem to think McDonald will prevail and some sort of incorporation will happen. So, the question is....what will happen after incorporation.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    All the peopel smarter thanI seem to think McDonald will prevail and some sort of incorporation will happen. So, the question is....what will happen after incorporation.
    For something to change going to need guinea pigs and lawsuits.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

We continue to UOC and we continue to fight for our 2A rights. The difference is we will have a leg to stand on. Whereas right now we're just a bunch of rabble rousers.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

State Researcher

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    For something to change going to need guinea pigs and lawsuits.
    Many of which are already in the process, just waiting to be heard post-McDonald.

It will be longer than "2 weeks" but things will be moving pretty quickly.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Can we still be rabble rousers?

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Post imported post

If AB1934 passes and Chicago v McDonald rules for incorporation I would say some sort of mass group OC event (after coordinating with a lawyer) followed by Class Action lawsuit.

Same could be said for 626.9 and 12031.

But, that's only for those willing to risk a misdemeanor and/or felony conviction, have the time/money to wait it out, etc.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

demnogis wrote:
    If AB1934 passes and Chicago v McDonald rules for incorporation I would say some sort of mass group OC event (after coordinating with a lawyer) followed by Class Action lawsuit.

Same could be said for 626.9 and 12031.

But, that's only for those willing to risk a misdemeanor and/or felony conviction, have the time/money to wait it out, etc.
    If I can afford it I would be down for it I'd love to join you guys in that.

Post imported post

Do we need a victim. Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Do we need a victim? Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?
    Yeah we do. I move that Gundude be our victim. Anybody care to second the motion?

Just kidding.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Post imported post

Rabble-rabble!!!

Post imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
    Gundude wrote:
    Do we need a victim? Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?
    Yeah we do. I move that Gundude be our victim. Anybody care to second the motion?

Just kidding.
    I would consider it if Alan Gura was my legal rep, and we took up a collection for fees.:shock:

State Researcher

Post imported post

Gundude wrote:
    Do we need a victim. Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?
    The courts don't hear hypothetical cases. (Or at least that's what was pounded into my head in my Constitutional Law and Business Law courses I took in college.)

So yes, we need a real-life prosecution of a real-life defendant. And to make it state-wide binding case law we need a conviction at trial that ends with a successful appeal.

I hate to say it, but judging by our fund-raising ability for Thesues' case, we'll just have to wait for CGF or Madison Society to decide the time is right.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.