• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

After incorporation?

Gundude

imported post

All the peopel smarter thanI seem to think McDonald will prevail and some sort of incorporation will happen. So, the question is....what will happen after incorporation.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Gundude wrote:
All the peopel smarter thanI seem to think McDonald will prevail and some sort of incorporation will happen. So, the question is....what will happen after incorporation.
For something to change going to need guinea pigs and lawsuits.

coolusername2007

imported post

We continue to UOC and we continue to fight for our 2A rights. The difference is we will have a leg to stand on. Whereas right now we're just a bunch of rabble rousers. :cool:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Gundude wrote:
For something to change going to need guinea pigs and lawsuits.
Many of which are already in the process, just waiting to be heard post-McDonald.

It will be longer than "2 weeks" but things will be moving pretty quickly.

demnogis

imported post

If AB1934 passes and Chicago v McDonald rules for incorporation I would say some sort of mass group OC event (after coordinating with a lawyer) followed by Class Action lawsuit.

Same could be said for 626.9 and 12031.

But, that's only for those willing to risk a misdemeanor and/or felony conviction, have the time/money to wait it out, etc.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

demnogis wrote:
If AB1934 passes and Chicago v McDonald rules for incorporation I would say some sort of mass group OC event (after coordinating with a lawyer) followed by Class Action lawsuit.

Same could be said for 626.9 and 12031.

But, that's only for those willing to risk a misdemeanor and/or felony conviction, have the time/money to wait it out, etc.
If I can afford it I would be down for it I'd love to join you guys in that.

Gundude

imported post

Do we need a victim. Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?

coolusername2007

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Do we need a victim? Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?

Yeah we do. I move that Gundude be our victim. Anybody care to second the motion? :cool:

Just kidding.

Mike Hawk

imported post

Rabble-rabble!!!
rabble.jpg

Gundude

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Gundude wrote:
Do we need a victim? Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?

Yeah we do. I move that Gundude be our victim. Anybody care to second the motion? :cool:

Just kidding.

I would consider it if Alan Gura was my legal rep, and we took up a collection for fees.:shock:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Gundude wrote:
Do we need a victim. Can't the state be sued byan organization like the2nd Amendment Foundation on the grounds the laws are unconstitutional?
The courts don't hear hypothetical cases. (Or at least that's what was pounded into my head in my Constitutional Law and Business Law courses I took in college.)

So yes, we need a real-life prosecution of a real-life defendant. And to make it state-wide binding case law we need a conviction at trial that ends with a successful appeal.

I hate to say it, but judging by our fund-raising ability for Thesues' case, we'll just have to wait for CGF or Madison Society to decide the time is right.