• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cutie Got a Gun

Batousaii

imported post

~ We went to the Saturday Puyallup gun show. The table looked great, and was often busy, was a pleasure to see M1 there too. So, my wife initially started looking at pistols, mostly to amuse me -lol. She loves to shoot, but has been shy about buying one "of her own". After looking through several revolvers and Automatics, she finally decided that she would prefer and auto pistol. We looked at everything from XD and Glocks, to 1911, little colt .380 and everything in between. The choice eventually came down between a Walther PK380, and a Beretta 84FS that we seen. The Beretta was a little more expensive (we later found it was actually a great deal) and we discovered the Walter mags are a pain to find, and really expensive. My wife asked me if the Walther was a "new design" and compared thepossibilities of "new design bugs" compared to the Beretta being a proven design in production since 1976. She finally settled on the little Beretta 84FS "Cheetah" that came with two 10-rnd (Cali) mags. It usually holds the 13-rnd mags, we will pick some up in the future. We asked the dealer a little history, and was told the pistol was owned by a lady who left it in her drawer wit cloths. Initial inspection, the pistol looked unfired, the hammer was not even marked from slide movement. We ended up paying 500 after tax, and later noticed alot of the others were going for over 600 used, and closer to 750 new. We both were pleased with the deal. It came with the original boxes, documents, etc. and a later field strip and cleanup at home confirmed the minimal, if any usage. It (to me) looked unfired save for the few from factory. It's a sexy little pistol for a cute little wife, and she is uber happy with it (and so am I, knowing my wife is protected with her own arm).

:celebrateBat (and Cutie says Hello too).

oneeyeross

imported post

Well, if'n I ever win the lotto, herself will be getting the PK380. She likes the way the P22 fits her hand, and 380 is s'posed to be the same size...

Good looking 84 there....good buy.

69Charger

imported post

Thats a GREAT gun. Congrats on your find. :)
Dave

Must of been a full moon. I got a new to me used gun over the week end. A SW 3914.

antispam540

imported post

I have seen photographic evidence of the gun, but no evidence that proves the existence of any "cutie" or the possession of said gun by said hypothetical cutie...