Thread: MCRGO

Post imported post

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/

does anybody know these guys? heard a couple negative and positive comments from people. website has news stories and related gun articles. home page had nothing about OC. had link to news broadcast dave thomas was in about getting weapon removed and waiting in the patrol car.

Post imported post

Yup I was talking with a co worker about my cpl and as I was walking up to give the keys back to the UPS driver ( I work security at UPS checking the trucks ) The driver asked about it and told me he taught CPL classes and referred me to that sight.

Post imported post

They have been around for 14 years,and have done alot to fight for our local gun rights here in Michigan.

Post imported post

IIRC, MCRGO was led by a crook for awhile (chuck perricone?), who tried to install a bunch of his union cronies, forced out those who opposed him, and generally strayed from their purpose: 2A political activism.

For some reason, I'm also remembering that MCRGO was partially responsible for the restrictions on where CPLs can't carry.

That cluster is why other politically active .org's were started in MI.

I haven't heard much from MCRGO in the last few years, so I have no idea if they're still corrupt at the top, or have totally cleaned up and are now back in the fight.

Maybe someone who was around back then can comment on and refute the little bits I remember that very well may be incorrect.

Post imported post

Tao wrote:
    IIRC, MCRGO was led by a crook for awhile (chuck perricone?), who tried to install a bunch of his union cronies, forced out those who opposed him, and generally strayed from their purpose: 2A political activism.

For some reason, I'm also remembering that MCRGO was partially responsible for the restrictions on where CPLs can't carry.

I haven't heard much from MCRGO in the last few years, so I have no idea if they're still corrupt at the top, or have totally cleaned up and are now back in the fight.

Maybe someone who was around back then can comment on and refute the little bits I remember that very well may be incorrect.
    For the most part above is on Target . Sad .

Post imported post

taxwhat wrote:
    Tao wrote:

For the most part above is on Target . Sad .
    Yep
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

I was an early member. A neighbor and I went to their annual members-only dinner. Wayne LaPierre was there and gave a speech. A whole bunch of other locally prominent speakers (if I recall correctly ... prosecutors, judges, leos, politicians and the like) spoke as well. I was impressed (being new at that time to the gun-rights movement).

There was an ugly internal power struggle some years back, the organization hasn't really been that active lately on the political legislative side (as far as I can tell). I don't have a current active membership, so I'm not privy to their member communications.

I do have their webpage bookmarked and visit every day to scan the news headlines, which I find informative.

I don't see them as very relevant anymore. Perhaps they are comfortable with just collecting annualmembership dues and advertising revenues from their website. I might be wrong and I'd welcome any current MCRGO member to pipe in and give us all a current update. Perhaps we'd be pleasantly surprised.

Post imported post

aren't they the ones that won the preemption lawsuit against ferndale?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Post imported post

lapeer20m wrote:
    aren't they the ones that one the preemption lawsuit against ferndale?
    I think so, but have they done anything since?

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

MCRGO like the NRA also like to take credit for things they didn't do.

Post imported post

I don't wish to publicly describe the specifics, but I emailed them some time ago to ask if they wanted to be involved at no cost to them with something that had particular relivance to their organization. The response I got was essentially arude and inept cold shouldering, and I never replied. I sincerely doubt they have done much to get their act together since theygot screwed up. Sad, they used to be quite a powerhouse.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.