• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MCRGO

kryptonian

imported post

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/

does anybody know these guys? heard a couple negative and positive comments from people. website has news stories and related gun articles. home page had nothing about OC. had link to news broadcast dave thomas was in about getting weapon removed and waiting in the patrol car.

Slinger

imported post

Yup I was talking with a co worker about my cpl and as I was walking up to give the keys back to the UPS driver ( I work security at UPS checking the trucks ) The driver asked about it and told me he taught CPL classes and referred me to that sight.

DetroitBiker

imported post

They have been around for 14 years,and have done alot to fight for our local gun rights here in Michigan.

Tao

imported post

IIRC, MCRGO was led by a crook for awhile (chuck perricone?), who tried to install a bunch of his union cronies, forced out those who opposed him, and generally strayed from their purpose: 2A political activism.

For some reason, I'm also remembering that MCRGO was partially responsible for the restrictions on where CPLs can't carry.

That cluster is why other politically active .org's were started in MI.

I haven't heard much from MCRGO in the last few years, so I have no idea if they're still corrupt at the top, or have totally cleaned up and are now back in the fight.

Maybe someone who was around back then can comment on and refute the little bits I remember that very well may be incorrect.

taxwhat

imported post

Tao wrote:
IIRC, MCRGO was led by a crook for awhile (chuck perricone?), who tried to install a bunch of his union cronies, forced out those who opposed him, and generally strayed from their purpose: 2A political activism.

For some reason, I'm also remembering that MCRGO was partially responsible for the restrictions on where CPLs can't carry.

I haven't heard much from MCRGO in the last few years, so I have no idea if they're still corrupt at the top, or have totally cleaned up and are now back in the fight.

Maybe someone who was around back then can comment on and refute the little bits I remember that very well may be incorrect.
For the most part above is on Target . Sad .

autosurgeon

imported post

taxwhat wrote:
Tao wrote:

For the most part above is on Target . Sad .
Yep:banghead:

OC4me

imported post

I was an early member. A neighbor and I went to their annual members-only dinner. Wayne LaPierre was there and gave a speech. A whole bunch of other locally prominent speakers (if I recall correctly ... prosecutors, judges, leos, politicians and the like) spoke as well. I was impressed (being new at that time to the gun-rights movement).

There was an ugly internal power struggle some years back, the organization hasn't really been that active lately on the political legislative side (as far as I can tell). I don't have a current active membership, so I'm not privy to their member communications.

I do have their webpage bookmarked and visit every day to scan the news headlines, which I find informative.

I don't see them as very relevant anymore. Perhaps they are comfortable with just collecting annualmembership dues and advertising revenues from their website. I might be wrong and I'd welcome any current MCRGO member to pipe in and give us all a current update. Perhaps we'd be pleasantly surprised.

Michigander

imported post

I don't wish to publicly describe the specifics, but I emailed them some time ago to ask if they wanted to be involved at no cost to them with something that had particular relivance to their organization. The response I got was essentially arude and inept cold shouldering, and I never replied. I sincerely doubt they have done much to get their act together since theygot screwed up. Sad, they used to be quite a powerhouse.