Thread: Recent Meet and Greet

Post imported post

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place so here goes nothin'.

I went to the recent (June 5th 2010) Meet and Greet at Bobs Burgers and Brews near Burlington Wa. After reading various posts of some local members of OCOO I really had a hankering to meet f2f some of these folks. There was 12 or 13 all told so I was only able to really converse with 5 or 6.

I had a great time. The food there is pretty freekin' phenomenal!!

I sometimes have a tendency to apologize to folks from the get go cuz I'm pretty opinionated only to be told they're opinionated as well. Good news!! I was smack dab in the middle of regular libertarian common sense type folks and I was groovin' on it. I think Sudden Valley Gunner was there but he was at the end of the table and I was in the center so conversing with him would have been difficult. But that was ok too as I listened alot and there was a lot of laughing and jocularity and I felt right at home. I think I was the only one in the group who wasn't open carrying.

But as I said I had a great time. BB&B has really tasty grub. The folks I met were all some of the nicest people I've ever run into that were gun people. For anyone here in these forums who have never been to a M&G I highly recommend it. I can hardly wait to go to an open carry picnic sometime soon in my area.

Post imported post

Why were you not OC'in?

Banned

Post imported post

be careful someone could be a undercover looking for people that tape their serial #s

Post imported post

impulse418 wrote:
    Why were you not OC'in?
    Like I told the folks I was sitting with I have several reasons for not OC'ing. I only have one OC holster, an older Uncle Mikes that I have worn in a cross draw fashion.

Like so many others have said here before and elsewhere I prefer not to advertise the fact that I am a gun owner.

And finally I prefer to "fly under the radar" so to speak.