• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Watch out for who may be at the door

Glockface

imported post

I don't open my door to strangers no matter what.I don't even open it when someone rings the door bell.My Glock is close by.I live in the city of milwaukee NW side.

revolverrandy

imported post

I don't answer my door to anyone I don't know and I don't answer my phone reen until I screen it first and hear the voice to see if it someone I know

KansasKraut

imported post

Knowing you, Brendon, I sure as hell wouldn't try to break into your house or muscle my way in. :D I'd be dead or otherwise incapacitated before I could say "Gimme the money."

M

McX

imported post

kansas has simply provided the analogy that the criminal will percieve. i would have no problem approaching his door at 3 am, remaining outside, providing identification, and if i am carrying also advising him of that. he would probably recognize me as a law abiding citizen, and render aid to me, even though we have never met. criminals are the only ones who have to fear law abiding citizens who OC.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

It is often debated, the value that a prosecuting attorney may get from a riced-up carry gun indicating an irresponsible willingness to use deadly force. There are situations like the Halloween trick-or-treater being shot that, being the shooter, I would not want evidence of testosterone poisoning entered into evidence. YMMV

In re appearance, anyone recall the word and meaning of 'fop'?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fop

Lurchiron

imported post

County Prosecutor wrote:
Please be more discrete.

As the wise old veteran calmly explained to the new hire while showing him the layout of the landscaping operation.

Pointing to the pile of topsoil he says "Dis dirt" & to the pile of Portland cement he said " Dis crete" :what:.