• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Focus on SCOTUS: Chicago ruling due, Kagan nomination heats

Dave Workman

imported post

Focus on SCOTUS: Chicago ruling due, Kagan nomination will heat

The smart money is riding on a Supreme Court slap-down of the handgun ban, and incorporation of the Second Amendment to the states through the 14[suP]th[/suP] Amendment...

...a slim profile of Kagan’s thinking on the Second Amendment has materialized, and it may not be a good one.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2010m6d7-Focus-on-SCOTUS-Chicago-ruling-due-Kagan-nomination-will-heat

Or try this:

http://tinyurl.com/2dnpt35

cscitney87

imported post

I read the article top to bottom and I was stunned to read Kagan's reason for dismissing the petition to the Supreme Court. She basically brushed it aside as garbage. Ugh...

thanks for posting

Dave Workman

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
I read the article top to bottom and I was stunned to read Kagan's reason for dismissing the petition to the Supreme Court. She basically brushed it aside as garbage. Ugh...

thanks for posting

Hope you pass along the links above to others.

OCDO has one of my better followings and I post these links by popular demand.

Thanks for your remarks.

novasig226r

imported post

Maybe, in a stroke of cosmic enlightenment, Kagan made the remark she did to help make the case for incorporation.

With such a brief, from-the-hip, "I'm not sympathetic," non-lawyerly statement, perhaps Kagan is fighting by not fighting too hard.

:lol: