Thread: Your Doctor, and "Boundary Violations"

Post imported post

If you've ever had your medical doctor (or insurance company, or HMO) ask you if you have firearms, or try to convince you that keeping firearms in your house is some sort of "health hazard" they are breaking the law, and violating the ethics code of the AMA.

http://www.dsgl.org/BVD.htm

When a doctor attempts to use their position of authority to push a political agenda, it is called a "boundary violation". They should NOT be given this information, they should be told straight away that you know this is a "Boundary Violation" and that if they persist in such unethical behavior, you will be forced to report them to the AMA and their State Medical Board.

Firearms ownership is a "NOYB" issue for medical professionals. If you're going in for a checkup, and your doctor asks if you have firearms, you should terminate the conversaion RIGHT THEN, unless you KNOW they are pro-2A, and even then, it's frankly none of their business.

http://www.dsgl.org

After all, when ObamaCare kicks in, do you want the fact that you are an avid trap and skeet shooter, and you have a concealed carry permit to be in YOUR medical files?

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

If it's not medical related, then I am not disclosing it. Even if they pretend that it is. I would find a different doctor.
    I see a Holistic doctor who has stuffed animal heads all over his office, anyway, so I doubt I would ever be asked that.

Banned

Post imported post

my doctor stuck his finger up my butt i think that was a boundry violation

Post imported post

Ain't none of their freaking business....

But beware ....the NEW OBAMACARE is pushing just this....

Z
    GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
    If it's not medical related, then I am not disclosing it. Even if they pretend that it is. I would find a different doctor.
    I see a Holistic doctor who has stuffed animal heads all over his office, anyway, so I doubt I would ever be asked that.
    Several years ago I needed to go see my doctor about a problem I had. At the time I had recently found out he was a Born Again Christian and that by itself carries a good bit of weight with me.

While talking with the Doc he asked me if I owned firearms. His tone when he asked me this felt somewhat condecending to me and I did not appreciate it. I don't remember exactly what I said but I felt it was none of his business and my answer might have been a lie. While generally speaking I am an honest man as that is how I was raised. On the other hand my own personal security allows me the option to tell those I trust that which I won't tell others regardless of their profession. I know full well that what goes into ones medical file can follow you forever.

And FWIW this doctor has his practice at the Everett Clinic in Marysville. Beside their main entrance they have a "Gun Free Zone" sign displayed there prominently. I added their clinic to the Do NOT Patronize list sometime back.

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    my doctor stuck his finger up my butt i think that was a boundary violation
    Well if your Doc was NOT wearing gloves it would definately be a boundary violation.

Banned

Post imported post

he was but i think im a little young for a prostate exam

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    He did what?????? With his what????

:what:
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    If you're that young, are you sure it was a finger?

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    Are you certain it was his finger? Think real good now, did he have his hands on your shoulders?
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Post imported post

HAHA ugh flashbacks to the entrance physical. My one buddy fell off a ladder when we were running some cables and they "checked his oil" when he went to the medical facility. They said it was to check for spinal damage? anyway he never should have told us because were making sure he doesnt live that down.

Anyway thats some good info to know. I see army doctors who usually just throw some ibuprofen my way regardless of the injury so im pretty sure i wont come across this problem. Cold? Ibuprofen! Compound fracture? Ibuprofen AND Namproxen ! internal bleeding? Ibuprofen! PTSD? More water. My profession kinda makes it obvious to.
    HOOAH?

Banned

Post imported post

25sierraman wrote:
    HAHA ugh flashbacks to the entrance physical. My one buddy fell off a ladder when we were running some cables and they "checked his oil" when he went to the medical facility. They said it was to check for spinal damage? anyway he never should have told us because were making sure he doesnt live that down.

Anyway thats some good info to know. I see army doctors who usually just throw some ibuprofen my way regardless of the injury so im pretty sure i wont come across this problem. Cold? Ibuprofen! Compound fracture? Ibuprofen AND Namproxen ! internal bleeding? Ibuprofen! PTSD? More water. My profession kinda makes it obvious to.
    no medical weed for pain

Post imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
    25sierraman wrote:

no medical weed for pain
    that would be nice
    HOOAH?

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    erichonda30 wrote:
    If you're that young, are you sure it was a finger?
    How many hands were on your shoulders? If there's only one hand, then it's a medical procedure. But if there's two hands, yeah, that's a "boundry violation"....and it's not his finger, either.

Post imported post

25sierraman wrote:
    HAHA ugh flashbacks to the entrance physical. My one buddy fell off a ladder when we were running some cables and they "checked his oil" when he went to the medical facility. They said it was to check for spinal damage? anyway he never should have told us because were making sure he doesnt live that down.Â*

Don't forget the Military Medical "Short Arm Inspection".

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    25sierraman wrote:

Don't forget the Military Medical "Short Arm Inspection".
    I think thats more of a Jarhead thing. We get "rodded off the range". you can infer as to what that entails.
    HOOAH?