• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Your Doctor, and "Boundary Violations"

Dreamer

imported post

If you've ever had your medical doctor (or insurance company, or HMO) ask you if you have firearms, or try to convince you that keeping firearms in your house is some sort of "health hazard" they are breaking the law, and violating the ethics code of the AMA.

http://www.dsgl.org/BVD.htm

When a doctor attempts to use their position of authority to push a political agenda, it is called a "boundary violation". They should NOT be given this information, they should be told straight away that you know this is a "Boundary Violation" and that if they persist in such unethical behavior, you will be forced to report them to the AMA and their State Medical Board.

Firearms ownership is a "NOYB" issue for medical professionals. If you're going in for a checkup, and your doctor asks if you have firearms, you should terminate the conversaion RIGHT THEN, unless you KNOW they are pro-2A, and even then, it's frankly none of their business.

http://www.dsgl.org

After all, when ObamaCare kicks in, do you want the fact that you are an avid trap and skeet shooter, and you have a concealed carry permit to be in YOUR medical files?

Aaron1124

imported post

If it's not medical related, then I am not disclosing it. Even if they pretend that it is. I would find a different doctor.
I see a Holistic doctor who has stuffed animal heads all over his office, anyway, so I doubt I would ever be asked that.

zekester

imported post

Ain't none of their freaking business....

But beware ....the NEW OBAMACARE is pushing just this....

Z

noname762

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
If it's not medical related, then I am not disclosing it. Even if they pretend that it is. I would find a different doctor.
I see a Holistic doctor who has stuffed animal heads all over his office, anyway, so I doubt I would ever be asked that.
Several years ago I needed to go see my doctor about a problem I had. At the time I had recently found out he was a Born Again Christian and that by itself carries a good bit of weight with me.

While talking with the Doc he asked me if I owned firearms. His tone when he asked me this felt somewhat condecending to me and I did not appreciate it. I don't remember exactly what I said but I felt it was none of his business and my answer might have been a lie. While generally speaking I am an honest man as that is how I was raised. On the other hand my own personal security allows me the option to tell those I trust that which I won't tell others regardless of their profession. I know full well that what goes into ones medical file can follow you forever.

And FWIW this doctor has his practice at the Everett Clinic in Marysville. Beside their main entrance they have a "Gun Free Zone" sign displayed there prominently. I added their clinic to the Do NOT Patronize list sometime back.

B

Bikenut

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
my doctor stuck his finger up my butt i think that was a boundry violation
He did what?????? With his what????

:what:

25sierraman

imported post

HAHA ugh flashbacks to the entrance physical. My one buddy fell off a ladder when we were running some cables and they "checked his oil" when he went to the medical facility. They said it was to check for spinal damage? anyway he never should have told us because were making sure he doesnt live that down.

Anyway thats some good info to know. I see army doctors who usually just throw some ibuprofen my way regardless of the injury so im pretty sure i wont come across this problem. Cold? Ibuprofen! Compound fracture? Ibuprofen AND Namproxen ! internal bleeding? Ibuprofen! PTSD? More water. My profession kinda makes it obvious to.

erichonda30

Banned
imported post

25sierraman wrote:
HAHA ugh flashbacks to the entrance physical. My one buddy fell off a ladder when we were running some cables and they "checked his oil" when he went to the medical facility. They said it was to check for spinal damage? anyway he never should have told us because were making sure he doesnt live that down.

Anyway thats some good info to know. I see army doctors who usually just throw some ibuprofen my way regardless of the injury so im pretty sure i wont come across this problem. Cold? Ibuprofen! Compound fracture? Ibuprofen AND Namproxen ! internal bleeding? Ibuprofen! PTSD? More water. My profession kinda makes it obvious to.
no medical weed for pain

25sierraman

imported post

erichonda30 wrote:
25sierraman wrote:

no medical weed for pain
that would be nice

canadian

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
erichonda30 wrote:
he was but i think im a little young for a prostate exam
If you're that young, are you sure it was a finger?
How many hands were on your shoulders? If there's only one hand, then it's a medical procedure. But if there's two hands, yeah, that's a "boundry violation"....and it's not his finger, either.

GWbiker

imported post

25sierraman wrote:

Don't forget the Military Medical "Short Arm Inspection".:uhoh::uhoh:

25sierraman

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
25sierraman wrote:

Don't forget the Military Medical "Short Arm Inspection".:uhoh::uhoh:
I think thats more of a Jarhead thing. We get "rodded off the range". you can infer as to what that entails.